Dustin Hoffman stars in Sky Atlantic ad
Hollywood actor Dustin Hoffman stars in a TV ad for new channel Sky Atlantic, which has the exclusive UK rights to show cult series such as 'Mad Men', ahead of the channel's launch on 1 February.
Hoffman’s first TV series 'Luck', which is about horse racing, will be shown on Sky Atlantic towards the end of the year. Other highlights include the back and future catalogue of American TV network HBO, including 'The Wire'.
The TV ad, which was produced by WCRS and directed by Sky's creative director Barry Skolnick, features Hoffman speaking directly to the camera against the backdrop of the New York skyline, talking about the art of storytelling.
After its premier this evening (7 January), the TV ad will run across a range of digital and terrestrial networks, in a campaign planned and bought by MediaCom. The Dustin Hoffman creative will also be used on Sky’s online magazine and Sky.com.
Naomi Gibney, director of marketing and communications for Sky Networks, said: "Sky Atlantic HD is a major new channel for Sky with great storytelling and incredible performances at its heart.
"We therefore wanted a collaboration with a hugely talented actor in a marketing campaign that reflected the power of great stories, and Dustin Hoffman was the perfect choice."
Last October, BSkyB announced plans to launch Sky Atlantic as a new entertainment channel, showing both American and British productions, to sit alongside Sky1 and Sky Living, formerly known as Living.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Marketing Strategy - Oxfordshire Stonor £30,000 - £35,000 plus Bonus OTE £45,000, Oxfordshire
- Marketing Executive JV Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum, Leeds
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad