Dustin Hoffman stars in Sky Atlantic ad
Hollywood actor Dustin Hoffman stars in a TV ad for new channel Sky Atlantic, which has the exclusive UK rights to show cult series such as 'Mad Men', ahead of the channel's launch on 1 February.
Hoffman’s first TV series 'Luck', which is about horse racing, will be shown on Sky Atlantic towards the end of the year. Other highlights include the back and future catalogue of American TV network HBO, including 'The Wire'.
The TV ad, which was produced by WCRS and directed by Sky's creative director Barry Skolnick, features Hoffman speaking directly to the camera against the backdrop of the New York skyline, talking about the art of storytelling.
After its premier this evening (7 January), the TV ad will run across a range of digital and terrestrial networks, in a campaign planned and bought by MediaCom. The Dustin Hoffman creative will also be used on Sky’s online magazine and Sky.com.
Naomi Gibney, director of marketing and communications for Sky Networks, said: "Sky Atlantic HD is a major new channel for Sky with great storytelling and incredible performances at its heart.
"We therefore wanted a collaboration with a hugely talented actor in a marketing campaign that reflected the power of great stories, and Dustin Hoffman was the perfect choice."
Last October, BSkyB announced plans to launch Sky Atlantic as a new entertainment channel, showing both American and British productions, to sit alongside Sky1 and Sky Living, formerly known as Living.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham