Mini to tackle monster trucks in extended 3D campaign
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 10 January 2011 09:45AM
NEW YORK - Car brand Mini has used 3D slow-motion technology for its latest cinema and TV ad campaign, created by Amsterdam agency BSUR.
The two-minute ad, entitled "Mini vs monster"’, features a monster truck attempting to jump 15.52 metres over the roofs of four different Mini models.
The production, overseen by Jason Schragger, BSUR's creative director, employed more than 100 crew including six 3D technologists. It was directed by Robert Jitzmark.
The ad uses digital 3D technology developed by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Mit). It intends to create an immersive experience that makes the viewer feel as though they are inside a monster truck stadium.
The 3D ad breaks in US cinemas on Friday (14 January). It will also air in 90, 60, 30 and 20-second 2D formats, supported by assets including trailers, interviews with the cast and crew and a "making of" film. These will also be rolled out to Germany and Italy.
The ad is backed by a digital campaign, with online seeding, social media, search and blogger outreach activity to raise awareness for the launch.
As part of the digital activity, Mini is planning a Facebook takeover from 12 January to 14 January, devised by Renegade Media.
It will feature characters from the film take part in an online soap on a Mini Facebook page. The driver, the veteran trucker and the stuntman from the film will take it in turns to moderate the Facebook page, unveiling teaser videos and interacting with fans.
In September last year, BMW launched a series of 15-second spots, by BSUR, to promote its four-door Mini Countryman model.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Partner Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, Brentford, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- 8 things I learnt as an IPA ad student
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Campaign Viral Chart: Always ad reaches no 1 for second time
- Agencies need to be more creative about creativity
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency