Gocompare campaign is 'most irritating ad'
Gocompare.com's operatic ads have been named as the most irritating in the UK for a second year running, in Marketing's annual poll.
According to the survey, conducted exclusively for Marketing by TNS, 59% of respondents rated Gocompare.com as the most-irritating ad of 2010, up from 56% in 2009.
The campaign, which features the rotund opera singer character Gio Compario, pipped used-car purchasing site Webuyanycar.com to the top spot. The latter was cited by 48% of those surveyed as the year's most-irritating ad.
The poll also suggests that consumers are tiring of brands' reliance on celebrities in ads.
Cashmygold.co.uk was ranked fourth most-irritating ad of 2010 for its campaign fronted by TV presenter Dale Winton. Elsewhere, former X Factor contestants Jedward's appearance in a TV push for Nintendo led to the ads being named seventh most-irritating.
Even Cheryl Cole failed to strike the right note for L'Oreal Elvive, which was joint-10th in the table with Microsoft.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated / Retail - Excellent agency - to 32k Fill Recruitment £28k - £32k, plus superb benefits and bonus opps, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Direct Marketing [Charity] - Superb London Agency - £28k - £32k Fill Recruitment £28k - £32k, plus benefits., London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - INTEGRATED / Retail - £60k - £65k plus bonus. Fill Recruitment £60k - £65k plus superb benefits and bonus, London
- Business Director (CRM and Data) Direct Recruitment £75K-£85K, London (Central), London (Greater)