Gocompare campaign is 'most irritating ad'
Gocompare.com's operatic ads have been named as the most irritating in the UK for a second year running, in Marketing's annual poll.
According to the survey, conducted exclusively for Marketing by TNS, 59% of respondents rated Gocompare.com as the most-irritating ad of 2010, up from 56% in 2009.
The campaign, which features the rotund opera singer character Gio Compario, pipped used-car purchasing site Webuyanycar.com to the top spot. The latter was cited by 48% of those surveyed as the year's most-irritating ad.
The poll also suggests that consumers are tiring of brands' reliance on celebrities in ads.
Cashmygold.co.uk was ranked fourth most-irritating ad of 2010 for its campaign fronted by TV presenter Dale Winton. Elsewhere, former X Factor contestants Jedward's appearance in a TV push for Nintendo led to the ads being named seventh most-irritating.
Even Cheryl Cole failed to strike the right note for L'Oreal Elvive, which was joint-10th in the table with Microsoft.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Group Account Director Link Communication £40,000 basic as of 1st Aug 2015 (Flexible, according to experience), Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Digital Sales Manager MediaMigo Recruitment imited Up to £50k basic + comms + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Director MediaMigo Recruitment imited £50-60k dep on experience + benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Upper Midweight Designer Source £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Bid Manager EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Birmingham
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch