Gocompare campaign is 'most irritating ad'
Gocompare.com's operatic ads have been named as the most irritating in the UK for a second year running, in Marketing's annual poll.
According to the survey, conducted exclusively for Marketing by TNS, 59% of respondents rated Gocompare.com as the most-irritating ad of 2010, up from 56% in 2009.
The campaign, which features the rotund opera singer character Gio Compario, pipped used-car purchasing site Webuyanycar.com to the top spot. The latter was cited by 48% of those surveyed as the year's most-irritating ad.
The poll also suggests that consumers are tiring of brands' reliance on celebrities in ads.
Cashmygold.co.uk was ranked fourth most-irritating ad of 2010 for its campaign fronted by TV presenter Dale Winton. Elsewhere, former X Factor contestants Jedward's appearance in a TV push for Nintendo led to the ads being named seventh most-irritating.
Even Cheryl Cole failed to strike the right note for L'Oreal Elvive, which was joint-10th in the table with Microsoft.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Research Manager Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Midweight/Senior Digital Designer Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 Per Annum, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 per annum, Benefits: + Benefits, Northampton
- Insight Director - Maternity Cover Lipton Fleming £50000 per annum + 50000, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'