Gocompare campaign is 'most irritating ad'
Gocompare.com's operatic ads have been named as the most irritating in the UK for a second year running, in Marketing's annual poll.
According to the survey, conducted exclusively for Marketing by TNS, 59% of respondents rated Gocompare.com as the most-irritating ad of 2010, up from 56% in 2009.
The campaign, which features the rotund opera singer character Gio Compario, pipped used-car purchasing site Webuyanycar.com to the top spot. The latter was cited by 48% of those surveyed as the year's most-irritating ad.
The poll also suggests that consumers are tiring of brands' reliance on celebrities in ads.
Cashmygold.co.uk was ranked fourth most-irritating ad of 2010 for its campaign fronted by TV presenter Dale Winton. Elsewhere, former X Factor contestants Jedward's appearance in a TV push for Nintendo led to the ads being named seventh most-irritating.
Even Cheryl Cole failed to strike the right note for L'Oreal Elvive, which was joint-10th in the table with Microsoft.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Media Manager Lynda Up to £50,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Campaigns Officer - Leading MS Charity CHM Competitive Salary, NW London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3