Mike Leigh directs 'Jobaphobia' ad
Jobsite has enlisted the help of five-time Oscar-nominated director Mike Leigh to direct its New Year ad campaign that encourages people to upload their CVs.
The campaign, created by Hooper Galton, features 'Hotel Babylon' actor Max Beesley, who has been the face of the brand since 2008.
The two 30-second and 10-second TV ads will run for four weeks from this week. Two bespoke 15-second ads will also be made for mobile for the first time. The campaign will also run across VoD, press, online and social media.
The TV ad "scared" features Beesley talking to the camera about people's fears and explains "newjobaphobia" can be easily overcome if they upload their CV onto Jobsite.
In the past Leigh, who has directed films such as 'Vera Drake' and 'Secret and Lies', has also shot ads for McDonalds and Transport for London.
Agencies Starcom Mediavest and Yodel Digital are handling the media planning and buying of the campaign. The production company on the campaign is Crossroads. The art director is Dave Westland and the copywriter is Rob Tuner.
Felix Wetzel, group marketing director at Jobsite, said: "The shift in tone was crucial for us. The last campaign Hooper Galton devised was so successful and Max was the perfect casting, so we didn't want to change the fundamental elements.
"But times have changed so a tonal shift needed to happen. We hope the New Year launch will motivate millions of people to improve their employment situation – and find a job that is right for them."
Oliver Lewis-Barclay, managing director at Hooper Galton, said: "Max’s personality is what made the last campaign so successful. In this campaign we’ve sought to broaden his character by allowing him to muse on the subject of job seeking.
"We’ve developed his role to give him more depth, so people will really sit up, pay attention and act. There’s a real shift in tone to being on your side rather than on your case. We’re hoping to stimulate debate at a crucial time of the year."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - B2B and B2C integrated and digital comms JEFFERSON £30,000 - 40,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE MANAGER 35-45k London Creative Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Account Manager - Mobile Loyalty Digital Gurus £25000 - £37000 Per Annum, London
- UI Designer - Unrestricted Creative, Prototyping and Innovation ADLIB Upto £25k DOE, Bristol
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director - Luxury Property Gemini Search Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum, City of London
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake