UK racks up 6bn video views a month
By Sarah Shearman, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 14 January 2011 03:05PM
UK viewers watched more than six billion online content videos and 527 million online video ads in November last year, according to ComScore figures releases today.
Google, driven primarily by its YouTube site, ranked highest for video viewing sessions, attracting 34.4 million people watching 2.8 billion videos.
ITV served the most online video ads, 62.6 million ads delivered to 4.6 million unique users.
ComScore generated the figures using its Video Metrix 2.0 system, which launches today, designed to "better align with the realities of today’s online video landscape".
Mike Read, ComScore senior vice president and managing director for Europe, said the consumption patterns and economics of online video were evolving.
"Video measurement needs to be just as innovative in order to capitalize on new monetisation opportunities and help pave the way for digital media convergence with traditional media," he added.
ComScore consider one session to be a period of time with continuous video-viewing. A session ends, if a viewer is inactive for 30 minutes.
FW: comScore Launches Video Metrix 2.0 in the UK to Measure Evolving Online Video Landscape
Top 5 UK video content properties by viewing sessions
|Property||Viewing Sessions (000)||Total Unique Viewers (000)||Videos (000)|
|Total internet : Total audience||963,971||34,720||6,032,002|
Top 5 UK video ad properties by unique video viewers
|Property||Total Unique Viewers (000)||Video Ads (000)|
|Total Internet : Total Audience||23,007||527,132|
|SpotXchange Video Ad Network||7,218||28,952|
|Joost Video Network (by Adconion)||5,757||20,469|
Video ads include streaming-video advertising only and do not include other types of
video monetization, such as overlays, branded players, matching banner ads, homepage
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Manager Reuben Sinclair £36-40k + £10k (company Profit Share), Covent Garden
- Junior Managing Director - Branded Content and Experiential Agency Bamboo Crowd £80000 - £90000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review