Gocompare.com moves digital display into MEC
By Katherine Levy, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 17 January 2011 09:21AM
MEC Interaction has been appointed to price comparison site Gocompare.com's online display advertising activity, previously handled by incumbent Harvest Digital.
MEC’s digital division won the business following a four-way competitive pitch against the incumbent and other undisclosed agencies.
MEC already handles the remainder of the digital planning and buying business for Gocompare.com, as well as its offline spend.
Harvest Digital still handles the PPC search business, which was not part of the review.
A spokeswoman for MEC said: "The key objective of the account is to grow the volume of quotes generated at Gocompare.com through the online display channel."
In December, the advertiser launched a series of radio ads in the run-up to Christmas, featuring 'Peep Show' star David Mitchell.
The ads formed part of the long-running "Gio Compario" campaign, which involves an Italian opera singer warbling to potential customers about the comparison site.
Nick Hall, head of marketing at Gocompare, said: "MEC Interaction’s expertise was the perfect fit to support our already successful above-the-line advertising, and optimise the online audience."
Matt Dailey, business director, MEC Interaction, said: "This is a great opportunity to deepen our already successful partnership with Gocompare.com, who we have worked with on their above-the-line Gio Compario campaign."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films