Gocompare.com moves digital display into MEC
By Katherine Levy, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 17 January 2011 09:21AM
MEC Interaction has been appointed to price comparison site Gocompare.com's online display advertising activity, previously handled by incumbent Harvest Digital.
MEC’s digital division won the business following a four-way competitive pitch against the incumbent and other undisclosed agencies.
MEC already handles the remainder of the digital planning and buying business for Gocompare.com, as well as its offline spend.
Harvest Digital still handles the PPC search business, which was not part of the review.
A spokeswoman for MEC said: "The key objective of the account is to grow the volume of quotes generated at Gocompare.com through the online display channel."
In December, the advertiser launched a series of radio ads in the run-up to Christmas, featuring 'Peep Show' star David Mitchell.
The ads formed part of the long-running "Gio Compario" campaign, which involves an Italian opera singer warbling to potential customers about the comparison site.
Nick Hall, head of marketing at Gocompare, said: "MEC Interaction’s expertise was the perfect fit to support our already successful above-the-line advertising, and optimise the online audience."
Matt Dailey, business director, MEC Interaction, said: "This is a great opportunity to deepen our already successful partnership with Gocompare.com, who we have worked with on their above-the-line Gio Compario campaign."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Planner, Top London Creative Agency Direct Recruitment £50,000-£65,000, London (Greater)
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers