LG parts company with global marketing chief
By Ed Owen, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 17 January 2011 06:00PM
Dermot Boden, LG Electronics' global chief marketing officer, has left the company.
An LG spokesman said the move was a ‘parting of the ways’, and Boden left the company on 1 January. His contract, which ran for three years, is understood to have been left unrenewed.
Boden, who was based in Seoul, joined LG in 2007 from Pfizer, where he had worked for 17 years in the group’s electronics departments, rising to vice president and general manager in the group’s Japanese office.
He will not have a formal replacement, and his UK counterpart Paul Meadows’ role is unaffected.
Boden masterminded an association with Formula 1, striking deals with the Red Bull Formula 1 team last year, and with Bernie Ecclestone’s Formula One Group to be the official ‘technology partner’ for five years in 2008, providing services such as lap timing for races.
LG also sponsored the recent Formula One Rocks event in Singapore, held prior to the Singapore Grand Prix in 2009.LG signed Kelly Brook as brand ambassador for its Optimus One phone in December.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand Manager / Account Manager Guru Careers £28 - 36k (DOE), Based in London (W12)
- Digital Marketing Manager Stopgap £35000 - £43000 per annum, London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Apple unveils 'biggest advancement in the iPhone' and 'Apple Watch'