BlackBerry signs up as exclusive sponsor of Sky Atlantic
BlackBerry, the mobile devices brand, has signed a two-year deal to be sole sponsor of Sky Atlantic, the new channel featuring shows from US cable network HBO.
Under the terms of the agreement, no other brand will be able to sponsor content on the channel. Panasonic currently sponsors Sky Movies Premiere in a similar deal.
Sky Atlantic will show major US drama series such as Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire, as well as original UK content including Sir David Attenborough’s latest documentary, Flying Monsters.
From 1 February, it will be available to all 10m Sky households as part of the basic subscription package and positioned high on the broadcaster’s EPG at channel 108, after the five terrestrial channels, Sky1 and Living.
The sponsorship was brokered by BlackBerry’s media agency, Starcom MediaVest Group.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Senior Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)