Cannes reveals cyber, outdoor and radio jury presidents
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 18 January 2011 03:20PM
The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity has appointed some of the world's top creatives from R/GA, Ogilvy Asia and Publicis Worldwide to lead the jury for its cyber, radio and outdoor awards.
Nick Law, R/GA’s executive vice-president and chief creative officer North America, will lead the Cyber Lions jury. Law, who is responsible for the overall creative vision at R/GA, will award the best work in online and digital communications at the Lions.
Chairing the Outdoor Lions jury will be Olivier Altmann, chief creative officer of Publicis Worldwide. Altmann, a winner of two Grands Prix at Eurobest, has previously judged at Cannes Lions, D&AD and The Clio Awards, as well as chairing twice at Eurobest.
Eugene Cheong, Ogilvy Asia Pacific regional executive creative director, has been appointed president for the Radio Lions jury. Cheong is Asia's most-awarded copywriter and creative director, winning more Gold Cannes Lions and Gold One Show Pencils than anyone else in Asia.
He said: "It's a pleasure and certainly a privilege for me to be able to chair the Radio Lions jury. I look forward to leading and engaging with some of the industry's finest minds."
Terry Savage, festival chairman, said: "Nick, Eugene and Olivier come from very different parts of the world and, given the roles they have, work all over the world, so therefore understand many different cultures.
"Being great creatives, who are both culturally aware and real leaders, makes them perfect to fulfil the roles of presidents of these three important juries."
The festival changed its name from the Cannes International Advertising Festival late last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Creative Digital / Print Artworker AF Selection £24,000 - £30,000, Nottinghamshire
- TV Account Director required for leading London Agency Ultimate Asset £45000 per annum, London
- Client/Media Agency role -Business Director -Publishing Client Ultimate Asset £65000 - £70000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)