Mindshare appoints Paul Armstrong head of social media
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 January 2011 01:15PM
Mindshare has appointed Paul Armstrong as its new head of social media, following the promotion of Joanna Lyall to the newly created role of head of integration and partnerships.
Armstrong is the former head of social at integrated communications agency Kindred and has previously worked at MySpace.
He will head a team of 12, working across clients including Unilever, Volvo, Jaguar, TK Maxx and Mazda, as well as the agency's most recent wins, Argos and Mango. He will report to Chris Lockwood, head of invention.
Armstrong will be responsible for strengthening the department's offering and further integrating social thinking.
During his time at Kindred, Armstrong worked with brands including Camelot, Blistex and the Chartered Management Institute. Previously, he held senior roles at MySpace and the US company, Burson Marsteller.
Armstrong said: "Mindshare has an impressive reputation, depth and talent and its client roster makes it a perfect move.
"I'm looking forward to growing the business and working with Jo, Chris and team to create integrated communications strategies for a wide range of exciting and challenging projects."
Lockwood said: "We're thrilled to have Paul on our team. He's yet another example of our commitment to growing social by bringing in new talent into our existing team. Paul brings a wealth of experience and leadership across digital and social."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Daily rates, London
- Digital Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant