Nick Parker promoted to trading director EMEA at Kinetic
WPP out-of-home agency Kinetic has promoted UK commercial director Nick Parker to the new role of trading director for Europe, Middle East and Africa, to lead media owner relationships across the region.
Parker will work closely with the senior management teams in Kinetic’s 16 offices across the region. A spokesman for Kinetic said the new role emphasised the agency's "strategic approach" to trading across EMEA.
Parker will retain his responsibilities as commercial director for the UK, working alongside UK trading director Colin Bundock, and incoming client commercial director, Yvonne Scullion.
In his new role, Parker will report to Simon Crisp, chief executive of EMEA, and will be based in Kinetic’s London office in Paddington.
Parker has 25 years experience in the out-of-home industry. He has worked at Kinetic since it was formed out of the merger of Portland Outdoor and Poster Publicity in 2005, first as UK trading director and most recently as UK commercial director.
Crisp said: "The Kinetic network across EMEA has strengthened significantly in recent times. Nick’s appointment is testimony to an ongoing Kinetic ambition that promotes our best existing talent, with the specific brief to explore what we believe are untapped regional trading opportunities."
Earlier this week it emerged that Kinetic founder Eric Newnham was to stand down from the position of chairman to take a break from the industry after 35 years.
Media Week revealed in November that Yvonne Scullion, sales operations director at CBS Outdoor, was to join Kinetic in the new role of UK client commercial director. She is currently on gardening leave.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Kinetic appoints Andy Jonesco as EMEA chief
- Kinetic EMEA chief Simon Crisp quits
- Kinetic predicts £1.15bn out-of-home revenue boost by 2020
- Kinetic's worldwide leader Eric Newnham steps down
- Kinetic poaches CBS Outdoor's Yvonne Scullion
- Copley sets out plans for reshuffled Kinetic
- Steve Ridley becomes chief executive of Kinetic
- Kinetic's UK chief executive Paul Shearring quits
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Sales Support Exec (Online Hospitality) Digital Gurus £20000 - £25000 per annum, City of London
- Ad Ops Specialists (Online/ Digital) Digital Gurus £20000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Head of Content David Thatcher Recruitment £80-100 + benefits, London or Reading
The console is dead: The Socialisation of Gaming
The games console as we know it is dead. When Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One earlier this week, it was clear that this was more than a device that would enable you to play Call of Duty or FIFA – this was, in Microsoft’s own words, “an all-in-one home entertainment system”.