Change of Western Europe chief for Unilever
Unilever has appointed Jan Zijderveld as its new president for Western Europe, effective 1 February.
Zijderveld will replace Doug Baillie, who has been appointed chief HR officer for the company.
Zijderveld will leave his position as executive vice president for South East Asia and Australasia (SEAA), which he has held since 2008.
Prior to this, he was made chair of Unilever Arabia in 2004 and was chairman of Unilever’s Nordic business from 2003. Before joining the company, Zijderveld held a range of marketing and customer development roles in the Netherlands, Italy and Sweden.
Zijderveld will report to Unilever's chief executive, Paul Polman. The current UK chair at the company, Amanda Souriy, will report to Zijderveld.
Paul Polman, chief executive, Unilever, said: "I am extremely pleased to be able to make these changes that strengthen what is already a formidable top team.
"Jan, currently executive vice president for South East Asia and Australasia (SEAA) will bring considerable experience of both Asian and European markets to his new role, building on the competitive position already established, ensuring fast, pan-European delivery of innovation in to the marketplace and integrating the Sara Lee and Alberto Culver acquisitions when the latter has received regulatory clearance."
Zijderveld will join the Unilever executive with his new role. This will not effect Baillie’s position on the executive.
Last week, Unilever appointed Paul Nevett as global vice-president for the Unilever brand, effective 1 February.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Campaign Manager Pizza Express £27,000 - £30,000, Marylebone
- Strategic Insights Manager - Mobile Digital Gurus £40000 - £45000 per annum + healthcare, bonus, , London
- Sales and Marketing Executive (print and digital media) Publimatic Up to £35,000pa plus reasonable expenses, Bloomsbury/Holborn
- Creative Artworker Creative Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum, Uxbridge
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film