Thomson looks to Heart to extend Your holiday to a T campaign
TUI travel operator Thomson is to use radio promotions for the first time as part of its post-Christmas campaign strategy, 'Your holiday to a T'.
In a four-day promotion from today (24 January), presenter Simon Dale will offer listeners to Global Radio’s Heart network the chance to win £1,500 to spend with Thomson Holidays, during his evening show from 7pm to 10pm. The trails were made by Global Radio’s in-house team.
The promotion, which was negotiated by MediaCom alongside a similar deal with Bauer Media’s Magic network, marks the first time Thomson has used radio promotions to develop its brand positioning and forms part of the wider integrated campaign, which launched in December.
In line with the travel operator’s focus on delivering consumers holidays that suit them, Heart will offer different competition questions based on the holiday destination a contestant chooses from a selection of Thomson Holiday packages.
Rebecca Edwards, general manager, brand marketing, Thomson, said: "We want to engage with Heart listeners while they're considering their holiday options. Our aim is to communicate the different types of holidays we have and demonstrate that a Thomson holiday is as individual as you want it to be."
The competition is being promoted by airtime trails, made by Global Radio, on the Global Radio network, and the radio activity will continue after the end of the promotion.
Stacey Pratt, head of radio branded content, MediaCom, said: "Branded content activity on radio is the perfect way to communicate with your target audience in an interactive and engaging way.
"Thomson's key messaging is brought to life by being weaved into the competition mechanic, reflecting their new proposition for tailor-made holidays. Presenter involvement in promoting the campaign is an invaluable endorsement for the brand."
The TV ad, by Beattie McGuinness Bungay, launched on Christmas Eve (24 December) and shows holidaymakers experiencing different activities on a Thomson holiday to a classical version of the Beach Boys' song 'Good Vibrations'.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UK Marketing Communications Adam Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Manchester
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- The man who made Grey matter