IPA appoints new chairs for ethnic diversity and strategy groups
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 24 January 2011 02:47PM
The IPA has appointed Saad Saraf and Amelia Torode as chairmen of its ethnic diversity and strategy groups respectively.
Saraf is the founder and chief executive of full-service multicultural communications agency Media Reach.
He succeeds Trevor Robinson, the founder and creative director of Quiet Storm, soon after the IPA Census showed the ethnic profile of the industry has grown slightly more diverse – 90% of the employed base is from a white background and 10% from non-white, up from 8.9% in 2009.
Saraf called for the industry to "quicken its pace to catch up with the changing face of the new society or risk getting left behind".
Torode is the head of strategy and innovation at advertising agency VCCP and takes over the chair of the strategy group from Rob Forshaw, founding partner of Grand Union.
She said: "It is hugely exciting to be chairing a collection of such big, world-class thinkers at this time of industry flux."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR Royds Raphael £65k + bonus & generous benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Corporate Branding Comms Royds Raphael £40k-£45k+&bonus+benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief
- Phones4u goes into administration