IPA appoints new chairs for ethnic diversity and strategy groups
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 24 January 2011 02:47PM
The IPA has appointed Saad Saraf and Amelia Torode as chairmen of its ethnic diversity and strategy groups respectively.
Saraf is the founder and chief executive of full-service multicultural communications agency Media Reach.
He succeeds Trevor Robinson, the founder and creative director of Quiet Storm, soon after the IPA Census showed the ethnic profile of the industry has grown slightly more diverse – 90% of the employed base is from a white background and 10% from non-white, up from 8.9% in 2009.
Saraf called for the industry to "quicken its pace to catch up with the changing face of the new society or risk getting left behind".
Torode is the head of strategy and innovation at advertising agency VCCP and takes over the chair of the strategy group from Rob Forshaw, founding partner of Grand Union.
She said: "It is hugely exciting to be chairing a collection of such big, world-class thinkers at this time of industry flux."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Analytics Manager | 3 months Contract Salt £350 - £450 per day, City of London
- Senior Account Manager or Account Director - Branding & Design Royds Raphael £220-£280 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Creative Design & Brand Agency Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+neg, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad