IPA appoints new chairs for ethnic diversity and strategy groups
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 24 January 2011 02:47PM
The IPA has appointed Saad Saraf and Amelia Torode as chairmen of its ethnic diversity and strategy groups respectively.
Saraf is the founder and chief executive of full-service multicultural communications agency Media Reach.
He succeeds Trevor Robinson, the founder and creative director of Quiet Storm, soon after the IPA Census showed the ethnic profile of the industry has grown slightly more diverse – 90% of the employed base is from a white background and 10% from non-white, up from 8.9% in 2009.
Saraf called for the industry to "quicken its pace to catch up with the changing face of the new society or risk getting left behind".
Torode is the head of strategy and innovation at advertising agency VCCP and takes over the chair of the strategy group from Rob Forshaw, founding partner of Grand Union.
She said: "It is hugely exciting to be chairing a collection of such big, world-class thinkers at this time of industry flux."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Fantastic London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Great agency benefits , London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Head of Social - Top London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 70000, London
- Digital Director - Integrated Entertainment Marketing Agency - London - £50k - £60k - NP205 Stonor £50k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne