IPA appoints new chairs for ethnic diversity and strategy groups
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 24 January 2011 02:47PM
The IPA has appointed Saad Saraf and Amelia Torode as chairmen of its ethnic diversity and strategy groups respectively.
Saraf is the founder and chief executive of full-service multicultural communications agency Media Reach.
He succeeds Trevor Robinson, the founder and creative director of Quiet Storm, soon after the IPA Census showed the ethnic profile of the industry has grown slightly more diverse – 90% of the employed base is from a white background and 10% from non-white, up from 8.9% in 2009.
Saraf called for the industry to "quicken its pace to catch up with the changing face of the new society or risk getting left behind".
Torode is the head of strategy and innovation at advertising agency VCCP and takes over the chair of the strategy group from Rob Forshaw, founding partner of Grand Union.
She said: "It is hugely exciting to be chairing a collection of such big, world-class thinkers at this time of industry flux."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Design. #BANNERCAMPAIGNS #EMAILDESIGNS Creative Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- JUNIOR DIGITAL DESIGNER #ESHOTS #WEBDESIGN #SOCIALMEDIA Creative Recruitment £25000 per annum, London
- Junior Artworker #RETAIL #FASHION #CONSUMERGOODS #PACKAGING Creative Recruitment £23000 per annum, London