Chris Maples walks away from Microsoft Advertising
Chris Maples, commercial director for Microsoft Advertising, has left the company with immediate effect to spend more time with his family.
Maples joined Microsoft from Maiden Outdoor (now Titan) in May 2007 as managing director of its network business.
He was promoted to the role of sales director at Microsoft Advertising in July 2008 and since 2009 has been responsible for all display, network, search ad serving and analytics business in the UK.
Maples said: "I only made the decision at Christmas. I have no career plans yet. I am just looking forward to spending more time with my children.
"I've enjoyed my time at Microsoft and wish them all the success in the world."
Maples started his career at the first ever ITV sales house TSMS before joining Channel 4 as part of the launch team when the channel became commercially independent in 1993.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014