Chris Maples walks away from Microsoft Advertising
Chris Maples, commercial director for Microsoft Advertising, has left the company with immediate effect to spend more time with his family.
Maples joined Microsoft from Maiden Outdoor (now Titan) in May 2007 as managing director of its network business.
He was promoted to the role of sales director at Microsoft Advertising in July 2008 and since 2009 has been responsible for all display, network, search ad serving and analytics business in the UK.
Maples said: "I only made the decision at Christmas. I have no career plans yet. I am just looking forward to spending more time with my children.
"I've enjoyed my time at Microsoft and wish them all the success in the world."
Maples started his career at the first ever ITV sales house TSMS before joining Channel 4 as part of the launch team when the channel became commercially independent in 1993.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Paid Search Manager (Chinese market) - London - £45K + benefits Salt £45000 per annum + benefits, London
- Online Marketing Manager - London - up to £43,000 Salt £40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits, London
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Instagram partners with Omnicom to launch ad service in the UK
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account