Barclays extends deal with Beyond Sport
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 26 January 2011 10:26AM
Barclays has extended its partnership for another 12 months with Beyond Sport, the organisation that promotes sport as a medium for social change and counts Tony Blair and Sebastian Coe among its ambassadors.
The bank's Spaces for Sports initiative is a community sports programme that uses sport to revitalise disadvantaged communities and tackle key social issues in countries around the world where Barclays operates.
The extension of the deal is now in its third year and gives Barclays a prominent presence at the Beyond Sport Summit that takes place later this year in South Africa.
Kirk Harrison, head of Spaces for Sport, Barclays, said: "As a global sport for development programme driving positive social change, our partnership with Beyond Sport is a natural one.
"It allows us to share our expertise as a corporate in this field, as well as further extending our contacts and knowledge of the many other individuals and organisations involved in community sport through the Beyond Sport network."
South Africa is the third host destination for the annual summit. It has previously been held in London and Chicago.
Beyond Sport's ambassadors include: Tony Blair; Sebastian Coe, chairman of London 2012; and US senator Bill Bradley.
Barclay's launched the Spaces for Sport initiative in 2004 in the UK. It has subsequently rolled out globally.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - BTL / [Shopper] / Drinks - Integrated Agency - £34k to £39k Fill Recruitment £34k - £39k, plus superb benefits, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Agency Sales Manager - soft-sell, premium inventory, top site! Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, West End
- Insights Project Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director Twist Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Audience Development Director - SEO, Social & Content - CLIENT Ultimate Asset £75000 per annum + bens, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'