P&O launches £7m creative review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 27 January 2011 08:00AM
P&O Cruises is holding a pitch for its £7m advertising account, after splitting with its 10-year incumbent Dare.
The cruise line operator will kick off the review in three months' time in a pitch process to be handled by the AAR.
P&O will continue to work with Dare until the review process, led by Philip Price, the head of brand marketing for P&O Cruises, begins.
Helen Calcraft, the Dare executive chairman, said: "After some productive and honest discussions, Dare and P&O Cruises have agreed that our priorities going forward are different and therefore it is time to part company. We will always be extremely grateful for what was a fantastic 10 year journey and we wish Philip and his team all the best".
P&O first appointed Dare, then MCBD, to the business in March 2001, after a three-way shoot-out with Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and Publicis. MCBD then retained the business in 2008, after a pitch against The Red Brick Road, TBWA\London and Adam & Eve.
Dare created a TV campaign for P&O earlier this month called "Explorers". The ad aims to celebrate the wonder of travel and introduces the strapline "Discover a different world".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Online Trading Manager Premier Consultants c.£45k plus bonus , Central London
- Account Director - Integrated / [CARS] - Global Agency - to £55k pending experience Fill Recruitment to £55k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- PLANNING ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - GLOBAL SOFT DRINKS BRAND Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Executive AF Selection £21,000 - £22,000, South Manchester
- Senior Account Manager AF Selection £28,000 - £32,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith