P&O launches £7m creative review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 27 January 2011 08:00AM
P&O Cruises is holding a pitch for its £7m advertising account, after splitting with its 10-year incumbent Dare.
The cruise line operator will kick off the review in three months' time in a pitch process to be handled by the AAR.
P&O will continue to work with Dare until the review process, led by Philip Price, the head of brand marketing for P&O Cruises, begins.
Helen Calcraft, the Dare executive chairman, said: "After some productive and honest discussions, Dare and P&O Cruises have agreed that our priorities going forward are different and therefore it is time to part company. We will always be extremely grateful for what was a fantastic 10 year journey and we wish Philip and his team all the best".
P&O first appointed Dare, then MCBD, to the business in March 2001, after a three-way shoot-out with Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and Publicis. MCBD then retained the business in 2008, after a pitch against The Red Brick Road, TBWA\London and Adam & Eve.
Dare created a TV campaign for P&O earlier this month called "Explorers". The ad aims to celebrate the wonder of travel and introduces the strapline "Discover a different world".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Junior Project Manager; Contact in West Midlands £150-200 pd Salt £150 - £200 per day, West Midlands
- Senior Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £70,000 - £100,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director Role - Permanent Role, £65k - £75k MODA consult up to £75k , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, Hampshire