WPP to launch holding group Tenth Avenue
By Michael O'Neill, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 27 January 2011 12:52PM
HONG KONG - WPP is set to launch a marketing services company under the name of Tenth Avenue, headed by the current COO of GroupM Worldwide Rupert Day.
WPP was not available to comment at the time of press, but it is understood that the enterprise will integrate a number of WPP’s mobile, experiential, event marketing, brand activation and out-of-home (OOH) communications under one strategic holding company.
As part of the new initiative, WPP's OOH media planning and buying company Kinetic Worldwide, which previously operated out of GroupM, will be folded into Tenth Avenue.
Kinetic, which has global billings of US$4.4 billion and operates in 39 offices in 21 markets worldwide, was launched in 2005, following the merger of Poster Publicity International with WPP's Portland International. The agency became 100 per cent-owned by WPP in December 2010.
A source told Campaign that the new arrangement would not change Kinetic’s relationship with GroupM, but would give the outdoor player access to new services and agencies, allowing it to offer clients a more integrated offering.
Earlier this month, WPP filed for registration of the Tenth Avenue trademark in the US. Full rollout of the company is expected soon.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Communications Executive Ninesharp £28000 - £35000 per annum + Fantastic Benefits, City of London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Retail] - Superb London Agency! Fill Recruitment £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, London (Greater)
- Online Trading Manager Premier Consultants c.£45k plus bonus , Central London
- Account Director - Integrated / [CARS] - Global Agency - to £55k pending experience Fill Recruitment to £55k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- PLANNING ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - GLOBAL SOFT DRINKS BRAND Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith