WPP to launch holding group Tenth Avenue
By Michael O'Neill, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 27 January 2011 12:52PM
HONG KONG - WPP is set to launch a marketing services company under the name of Tenth Avenue, headed by the current COO of GroupM Worldwide Rupert Day.
WPP was not available to comment at the time of press, but it is understood that the enterprise will integrate a number of WPP’s mobile, experiential, event marketing, brand activation and out-of-home (OOH) communications under one strategic holding company.
As part of the new initiative, WPP's OOH media planning and buying company Kinetic Worldwide, which previously operated out of GroupM, will be folded into Tenth Avenue.
Kinetic, which has global billings of US$4.4 billion and operates in 39 offices in 21 markets worldwide, was launched in 2005, following the merger of Poster Publicity International with WPP's Portland International. The agency became 100 per cent-owned by WPP in December 2010.
A source told Campaign that the new arrangement would not change Kinetic’s relationship with GroupM, but would give the outdoor player access to new services and agencies, allowing it to offer clients a more integrated offering.
Earlier this month, WPP filed for registration of the Tenth Avenue trademark in the US. Full rollout of the company is expected soon.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Strategist Dynamic New Alliances £60000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad