WPP to launch holding group Tenth Avenue
By Michael O'Neill, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 27 January 2011 12:52PM
HONG KONG - WPP is set to launch a marketing services company under the name of Tenth Avenue, headed by the current COO of GroupM Worldwide Rupert Day.
WPP was not available to comment at the time of press, but it is understood that the enterprise will integrate a number of WPP’s mobile, experiential, event marketing, brand activation and out-of-home (OOH) communications under one strategic holding company.
As part of the new initiative, WPP's OOH media planning and buying company Kinetic Worldwide, which previously operated out of GroupM, will be folded into Tenth Avenue.
Kinetic, which has global billings of US$4.4 billion and operates in 39 offices in 21 markets worldwide, was launched in 2005, following the merger of Poster Publicity International with WPP's Portland International. The agency became 100 per cent-owned by WPP in December 2010.
A source told Campaign that the new arrangement would not change Kinetic’s relationship with GroupM, but would give the outdoor player access to new services and agencies, allowing it to offer clients a more integrated offering.
Earlier this month, WPP filed for registration of the Tenth Avenue trademark in the US. Full rollout of the company is expected soon.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood