WPP to launch holding group Tenth Avenue
By Michael O'Neill, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 27 January 2011 12:52PM
HONG KONG - WPP is set to launch a marketing services company under the name of Tenth Avenue, headed by the current COO of GroupM Worldwide Rupert Day.
WPP was not available to comment at the time of press, but it is understood that the enterprise will integrate a number of WPP’s mobile, experiential, event marketing, brand activation and out-of-home (OOH) communications under one strategic holding company.
As part of the new initiative, WPP's OOH media planning and buying company Kinetic Worldwide, which previously operated out of GroupM, will be folded into Tenth Avenue.
Kinetic, which has global billings of US$4.4 billion and operates in 39 offices in 21 markets worldwide, was launched in 2005, following the merger of Poster Publicity International with WPP's Portland International. The agency became 100 per cent-owned by WPP in December 2010.
A source told Campaign that the new arrangement would not change Kinetic’s relationship with GroupM, but would give the outdoor player access to new services and agencies, allowing it to offer clients a more integrated offering.
Earlier this month, WPP filed for registration of the Tenth Avenue trademark in the US. Full rollout of the company is expected soon.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Marketing Manager Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex