AdConnection retained by online dating site Lovestruck
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 February 2011 09:00AM
Lovestruck.com has handed its £1.5m media planning and buying business to independent agency AdConnection.
Since its launch four years ago the online dating company, which aims to bring together single professionals who work near one another, has secured increased investment.
The company has appointed AdConnection as its retained media agency having previously worked with it on a project basis.
AdConnection's recent cross-media campaign for the company recently won Best Marketing Campaign at the iDate Awards in Miami, which put them ahead of campaigns for competitors Match, eHarmony, Zoosk and OKCupid.
The digital dating company has a reach across six cities in the UK including London, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Liverpool. It also operates in Dublin, Singapore, Hong Kong and New York.
In February 2010 Lovestruck launched a location-based app for the iPhone, which informs users how far away potential dates are. Users can also be tracked and a notification sent if a favourite person is within a 500m radius.
Declan Reddington, managing director, AdConnection, said: "The foresight Lovestruck has shown through investment in technology – having been the first online dating site in the UK to launch Apps for iPhone and Android – combined with their location-based service offering, will ensure continued speedy expansion in the sector."
Lovestruck's managing director said: "AdConnection were the obvious choice for us. They have developed a strategic cross-media campaign that we are confident will deliver strong results."
AdConnection's roster of clients includes Krispy Kreme, Wagamama. Evans Cycles and Hotels.com.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Blue Tree Recruits £30,000 - £35,000, Guildford, Surrey
- Account Director Blue Tree Recruits £40,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Junior Artworker Blue Tree Recruits £18,000 plus benefits , Theale, Reading
- Brand and Advertising Manager - Global Technology Innovator Ninesharp £52000 - £58000 per annum + Bonus, Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Account Manager createselect Up to £40K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts