AdConnection retained by online dating site Lovestruck
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 February 2011 09:00AM
Lovestruck.com has handed its £1.5m media planning and buying business to independent agency AdConnection.
Since its launch four years ago the online dating company, which aims to bring together single professionals who work near one another, has secured increased investment.
The company has appointed AdConnection as its retained media agency having previously worked with it on a project basis.
AdConnection's recent cross-media campaign for the company recently won Best Marketing Campaign at the iDate Awards in Miami, which put them ahead of campaigns for competitors Match, eHarmony, Zoosk and OKCupid.
The digital dating company has a reach across six cities in the UK including London, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Liverpool. It also operates in Dublin, Singapore, Hong Kong and New York.
In February 2010 Lovestruck launched a location-based app for the iPhone, which informs users how far away potential dates are. Users can also be tracked and a notification sent if a favourite person is within a 500m radius.
Declan Reddington, managing director, AdConnection, said: "The foresight Lovestruck has shown through investment in technology – having been the first online dating site in the UK to launch Apps for iPhone and Android – combined with their location-based service offering, will ensure continued speedy expansion in the sector."
Lovestruck's managing director said: "AdConnection were the obvious choice for us. They have developed a strategic cross-media campaign that we are confident will deliver strong results."
AdConnection's roster of clients includes Krispy Kreme, Wagamama. Evans Cycles and Hotels.com.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £36k - £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Data Planner / Strategist Direct Recruitment £60K- £70K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Direct Recruitment £45-50k plus bonus, Homeworking/flexible UK
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'