AdConnection retained by online dating site Lovestruck
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 February 2011 09:00AM
Lovestruck.com has handed its £1.5m media planning and buying business to independent agency AdConnection.
Since its launch four years ago the online dating company, which aims to bring together single professionals who work near one another, has secured increased investment.
The company has appointed AdConnection as its retained media agency having previously worked with it on a project basis.
AdConnection's recent cross-media campaign for the company recently won Best Marketing Campaign at the iDate Awards in Miami, which put them ahead of campaigns for competitors Match, eHarmony, Zoosk and OKCupid.
The digital dating company has a reach across six cities in the UK including London, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Liverpool. It also operates in Dublin, Singapore, Hong Kong and New York.
In February 2010 Lovestruck launched a location-based app for the iPhone, which informs users how far away potential dates are. Users can also be tracked and a notification sent if a favourite person is within a 500m radius.
Declan Reddington, managing director, AdConnection, said: "The foresight Lovestruck has shown through investment in technology – having been the first online dating site in the UK to launch Apps for iPhone and Android – combined with their location-based service offering, will ensure continued speedy expansion in the sector."
Lovestruck's managing director said: "AdConnection were the obvious choice for us. They have developed a strategic cross-media campaign that we are confident will deliver strong results."
AdConnection's roster of clients includes Krispy Kreme, Wagamama. Evans Cycles and Hotels.com.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Project Manager Emma & Rachael & You £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Press Officer Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Strategy & Consumer Insight Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film