PG Tips adds 'The One' speciality teas sub-brand
Unilever is to expand its PG Tips range with the launch of a speciality-tea sub-brand to tap into the fast-growing sector.
The One speciality line, PG Tips' first significant sub-brand launch, will comprise The Strong One, The Delicate One and The Fresh One variants. Scheduled to go on sale in March, it will be backed by a major campaign.
One industry insider said the launch indicated a fresh direction for Unilever's tea strategy in the UK. 'This is interesting because, up until now, it has brought out speciality teas under its Lipton brand.'
Speciality teas, boosted by the performance of products from brands such as Twinings, posted a volume sales increase of 2.3% in 2010, while standard tea sales fell by 0.4%, according to Nielsen.
Last month, PG Tips rolled out its latest TV ads in a £3.4m push featuring Monkey and Al.
Unilever declined to comment on the launch.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- New Product Development Assistant Ball & Hoolahan £competitive salary and Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Strategic Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000-£60,000 + Benefits , Southampton, Hampshire
- Art Director - Integrated Marketing Agency - West London - £40k - NP198 Stonor £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager, FMCG, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £48000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Richmond upon Thames
- Online Analytics Manager, Telecoms, Slough Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £65000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Slough