PG Tips adds 'The One' speciality teas sub-brand
Unilever is to expand its PG Tips range with the launch of a speciality-tea sub-brand to tap into the fast-growing sector.
The One speciality line, PG Tips' first significant sub-brand launch, will comprise The Strong One, The Delicate One and The Fresh One variants. Scheduled to go on sale in March, it will be backed by a major campaign.
One industry insider said the launch indicated a fresh direction for Unilever's tea strategy in the UK. 'This is interesting because, up until now, it has brought out speciality teas under its Lipton brand.'
Speciality teas, boosted by the performance of products from brands such as Twinings, posted a volume sales increase of 2.3% in 2010, while standard tea sales fell by 0.4%, according to Nielsen.
Last month, PG Tips rolled out its latest TV ads in a £3.4m push featuring Monkey and Al.
Unilever declined to comment on the launch.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Optimisation Manager (RTB) Digital Gurus £25000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager - Tesco Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits, Weybridge
- Marketing Manager, Wokingham, up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Wokingham
- Account Manger - Marketing and Design Agency - Essex/Herts - £30k - NP072 Stonor £30k, West Essex
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push