PG Tips adds 'The One' speciality teas sub-brand
Unilever is to expand its PG Tips range with the launch of a speciality-tea sub-brand to tap into the fast-growing sector.
The One speciality line, PG Tips' first significant sub-brand launch, will comprise The Strong One, The Delicate One and The Fresh One variants. Scheduled to go on sale in March, it will be backed by a major campaign.
One industry insider said the launch indicated a fresh direction for Unilever's tea strategy in the UK. 'This is interesting because, up until now, it has brought out speciality teas under its Lipton brand.'
Speciality teas, boosted by the performance of products from brands such as Twinings, posted a volume sales increase of 2.3% in 2010, while standard tea sales fell by 0.4%, according to Nielsen.
Last month, PG Tips rolled out its latest TV ads in a £3.4m push featuring Monkey and Al.
Unilever declined to comment on the launch.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Middleweight Designer Dahling Ltd circa £35K + benefits, Central London
- Client Facing Project Manager Twist Recruitment £24000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Midweight- senior Digital Project Manager Twist Recruitment £35000 - £55000 per annum + bonus, City of London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k (freelance & perm) Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers