PG Tips adds 'The One' speciality teas sub-brand
Unilever is to expand its PG Tips range with the launch of a speciality-tea sub-brand to tap into the fast-growing sector.
The One speciality line, PG Tips' first significant sub-brand launch, will comprise The Strong One, The Delicate One and The Fresh One variants. Scheduled to go on sale in March, it will be backed by a major campaign.
One industry insider said the launch indicated a fresh direction for Unilever's tea strategy in the UK. 'This is interesting because, up until now, it has brought out speciality teas under its Lipton brand.'
Speciality teas, boosted by the performance of products from brands such as Twinings, posted a volume sales increase of 2.3% in 2010, while standard tea sales fell by 0.4%, according to Nielsen.
Last month, PG Tips rolled out its latest TV ads in a £3.4m push featuring Monkey and Al.
Unilever declined to comment on the launch.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated / Retail - Excellent agency - to 32k Fill Recruitment £28k - £32k, plus superb benefits and bonus opps, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Direct Marketing [Charity] - Superb London Agency - £28k - £32k Fill Recruitment £28k - £32k, plus benefits., London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - INTEGRATED / Retail - £60k - £65k plus bonus. Fill Recruitment £60k - £65k plus superb benefits and bonus, London
- Business Director (CRM and Data) Direct Recruitment £75K-£85K, London (Central), London (Greater)