PG Tips adds 'The One' speciality teas sub-brand
Unilever is to expand its PG Tips range with the launch of a speciality-tea sub-brand to tap into the fast-growing sector.
The One speciality line, PG Tips' first significant sub-brand launch, will comprise The Strong One, The Delicate One and The Fresh One variants. Scheduled to go on sale in March, it will be backed by a major campaign.
One industry insider said the launch indicated a fresh direction for Unilever's tea strategy in the UK. 'This is interesting because, up until now, it has brought out speciality teas under its Lipton brand.'
Speciality teas, boosted by the performance of products from brands such as Twinings, posted a volume sales increase of 2.3% in 2010, while standard tea sales fell by 0.4%, according to Nielsen.
Last month, PG Tips rolled out its latest TV ads in a £3.4m push featuring Monkey and Al.
Unilever declined to comment on the launch.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Agency Sales Manager - Video Platform Aspire £32000.00 - £400000 per annum + commission, London
- Business Development Manager Adam Recruitment £38000 - £45000 per annum, Liverpool
- Senior Digital Project Manager Red Sofa London £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, East London
- Email Delivery Expert Direct Recruitment Up to £65,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager PR Adam Recruitment £28000 - £38000 per annum, Preston
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers