Honda TV ad to interact with iPhone app
Honda is releasing the first TV ad to use "sound-synching" technology, which allows the commercial to interact with its iPhone app.
The 60-second version of 'This Unpredictable Life' premiers in the UK today before rolling out across 29 markets.
The ad is by Wieden+Kennedy's creative directors Sam Heath and Chris Groom, and directed by Smith & Foulkes at Nexus.
It will be aired during 'My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding' on Channel 4 tonight and during 'Taggart' on ITV1.
Gravity Mobile has created the matching app that enables users to "catch" the ad's animated characters as they appear on screen by swinging their mobiles towards them when they appear.
The app listens to and recognises the ad's audio, which trigger the characters to appear on the user's mobile.
Ian Armstrong, manager of European communications at Honda Motor Europe, said: "The Jazz app is a demonstration of how Honda is looking to the future and experimenting with ideas to help bring fun and enjoyment to our communications.
"It's a real step forward to use technology that begins to share content across screens at the users’ request. The involving interaction is fun allowing viewers to collect the characters from the ad and then to explore the Jazz while being able to leave your details so you can receive information in the future."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior/Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £30000 per annum, Reigate
- Web Studio Manager Better Placed Recruitment £35000 - £41000 per annum + Benefits , Leeds
- Technical Lead Red Sofa London £60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum, West London
- Director of Digital Services Companies House Up to £125,000 with excellent benefits, Cardiff