Stella to launch UK cider brand
Stella Artois is launching a cider brand extension called Cidre, brewed solely for the UK market.
Stella Artois Cidre will be supported with a "double-digit" million-pound marketing spend and will hit shelves at Easter.
The 4.5% Belgian cider will be unveiled at a London event later today (2 February), marking the first time a leading lager brand has moved in to the cider category.
Stella, which is owned by AB InBev, is capitalising on the growing popularity of cider in the UK. The market is expected to grow by 45% in the UK over the next five years, according to Mintel.
Stella Artois Cidre will be brewed in Belgium using Jonagold apples. It will be sold in 568ml bottles and 440ml cans.
The Stella advertising account is handled by Mother, the creator of last November's 'Ice Lounge' ad.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- SENIOR 3D DESIGNER - EVENTS & EXHIBITIONS Live Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Strategy Director - Consumer PR Reuben Sinclair £65000 - £85000 Per Annum, London (Greater)
- Strategic Research Consultant Rare Selection £35 - £40K + 20% bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £65 - £80K + benefits. , Central London
- Head of Strategy - Associate Director Level Rare Selection £70 - £80K + enhanced benefits package, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith