Stella to launch UK cider brand
Stella Artois is launching a cider brand extension called Cidre, brewed solely for the UK market.
Stella Artois Cidre will be supported with a "double-digit" million-pound marketing spend and will hit shelves at Easter.
The 4.5% Belgian cider will be unveiled at a London event later today (2 February), marking the first time a leading lager brand has moved in to the cider category.
Stella, which is owned by AB InBev, is capitalising on the growing popularity of cider in the UK. The market is expected to grow by 45% in the UK over the next five years, according to Mintel.
Stella Artois Cidre will be brewed in Belgium using Jonagold apples. It will be sold in 568ml bottles and 440ml cans.
The Stella advertising account is handled by Mother, the creator of last November's 'Ice Lounge' ad.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand & Marketing Capability Consultants Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive Salary & Benefits Package + Significant Bonus, Surrey
- Consumer & Market Insight Manager - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45K-£60K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berks/West of London
- UK Head of Marketing FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£100-130K + Benefits Package, London
- Artworker fishtank £23000 - £33000 per annum, Bristol
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show