Stella to launch UK cider brand
Stella Artois is launching a cider brand extension called Cidre, brewed solely for the UK market.
Stella Artois Cidre will be supported with a "double-digit" million-pound marketing spend and will hit shelves at Easter.
The 4.5% Belgian cider will be unveiled at a London event later today (2 February), marking the first time a leading lager brand has moved in to the cider category.
Stella, which is owned by AB InBev, is capitalising on the growing popularity of cider in the UK. The market is expected to grow by 45% in the UK over the next five years, according to Mintel.
Stella Artois Cidre will be brewed in Belgium using Jonagold apples. It will be sold in 568ml bottles and 440ml cans.
The Stella advertising account is handled by Mother, the creator of last November's 'Ice Lounge' ad.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- EVENT PRODUCER - AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- SENIOR PLANNER - AGENCY - BRISTOL - £55K Salt £55000 per annum, Bristol
- Social media manager f1 Recruitment up to £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Insights Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, Buckinghamshire
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- WPP launches Xaxis Audio with Global
- Manning Gottlieb OMD, MediaCom and PHD head shortlist for 2015 Thinkbox TV Planning Awards
- Publicis Chemistry's CEO Mike Welsh exits
- Judges rail against 'sexed up' work at D&AD open sessions