McCann restructures in Europe and London
By Campaign staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 February 2011 08:00AM
McCann Worldgroup has overhauled its European management and restructured its London offering, with Brett Gosper out as regional director for Europe and Chris MacDonald promoted to a new group role in London.
Gosper is being replaced by Gustavo Martinez, the head of global brand management and global new business director at Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide.
Martinez, an Argentinian who grew up in Spain, will be based in Milan, but is expected to spend most of his time on the road around the Worldgroup European offices. Brien said that Martinez has "the values and skills we need to help transform our clients’ brands and grow their businesses".
He added that he had been talking to Gosper about alternative roles in other territories but that they could not agree on a suitable transfer. Gosper’s EMEA role had already been shaved by Brien’s decision last summer to hand Luca Lindner, McCann’s South American chief, responsibility for the Middle East and Africa.
Meanwhile in London a new Worldgroup structure is being created to pull together the Worldgroup brands McCann Erickson, MRM, Momentum McCann Healthcare, under the chairmanship of Chris MacDonald.
The Worldgroup structure will be put in place in all key markets and is designed to drive internal collaboration and a more compelling value proposition for clients, though each of the Worldgroup divisions will remain as separately accounted businesses. Nikki Crumpton, McCann’s director of strategy, takes on a group strategic role across the divisions.
These are the latest in a number of structural changes driven through by Brien since he took on the Worldgroup chief executive role last Spring. Earlier this year Brien poached Linus Karlsson from Mother New York to be chairman and chief creative officer of McCann New York and London.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Media Manager/Director Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Online Trading/Commercial Manager Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne