Unilever records double-digit growth in 2010
FMCG giant Unilever has reported revenue growth of 11.1% to €44.3bn for 2010, with underlying sales growth of 4.1%.
Much of the revenue growth was down to favourable exchanges rates, but helped the company to a 25% rise in full year pre-tax profit, from €4.9bn in 2009 to €6.1bn in 2010.
Sales growth was achieved by a 5.8% increase in volumes at 1.6% lower prices.
Fourth quarter underlying sales growth reached 5.1%, with prices unchanged.
The company's operating margin increased in the final quarter, which "reflected the benefits of the cost saving programmes and lower advertising and promotions [spend]".
Paul Polman, chief executive, Unilever, said: "We are pleased with another year of good results in which we delivered against all our key priorities and further progressed the transformation of Unilever.
"We gained volume share in all regions driven by stronger innovations, significant increases in marketing investment and the extension of our brands into new territories.
"The Unilever of today is more agile and confident, now fully fit to compete. We remain focused on serving our consumers and customers and building the long term health of our brands."
In November, Unilever brought in agency Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide to handle its corporate brand business, following a split from Fallon London.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Designer 20-35k London - Advertising Tech Company Creative Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- senior account director > RETAIL > GLOBAL AGENCY collectivo Salary confidential, London
- social media account manager > DRINKS BRAND collectivo to £25-30k + amazing bens, London
- Press Investment Senior Exec Aspire £25000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
- Group Marketing Manager - Leading Media Business ADLIB £30000 - £40000 per annum, Bath
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham