OgilvyOne wins Drinkaware integrated brief
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 February 2011 10:40AM
Drinkaware, the alcohol-awareness charity funded by the drinks industry, has hired OgilvyOne to handle its integrated advertising account.
The agency won the business after a pitch against VCCP and M&C Saatchi in a process handled by the intermediary Oystercatchers.
Drinkaware, which aims to change people's drinking habits by highlighting the dangers of alcohol misuse, called a pitch for its integrated account in December. It previously worked with agencies including Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Enable Interactive and 23red on a project basis.
OgilvyOne will now be responsible for creating a series of onand offline campaigns that move the charity from general awareness communications to a more direct behavioural change approach.
Each campaign will target a specific category of society, such as 18- to 24-year-olds, adults over 30 or parents of young children.
The work will aim to build awareness of unit equivalents and alcohol guidelines, as well as challenge the social acceptance and desirability of drunken behaviour.
OgilvyOne will initially work on the account for three years, with its first work due to break later this year.
Chris Sorek, the chief executive of Drinkaware, said: "Our challenge is to present messages about alcohol misuse in a way that resonates with the target audience. A creative, evidence-based approach will be key."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Junior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 + benefits , London (Greater)
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000, London (Greater)
- Client Services Director - Brand Marketing Agency ADLIB £60k - £65k, Bath
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake