OgilvyOne wins Drinkaware integrated brief
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 February 2011 10:40AM
Drinkaware, the alcohol-awareness charity funded by the drinks industry, has hired OgilvyOne to handle its integrated advertising account.
The agency won the business after a pitch against VCCP and M&C Saatchi in a process handled by the intermediary Oystercatchers.
Drinkaware, which aims to change people's drinking habits by highlighting the dangers of alcohol misuse, called a pitch for its integrated account in December. It previously worked with agencies including Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Enable Interactive and 23red on a project basis.
OgilvyOne will now be responsible for creating a series of onand offline campaigns that move the charity from general awareness communications to a more direct behavioural change approach.
Each campaign will target a specific category of society, such as 18- to 24-year-olds, adults over 30 or parents of young children.
The work will aim to build awareness of unit equivalents and alcohol guidelines, as well as challenge the social acceptance and desirability of drunken behaviour.
OgilvyOne will initially work on the account for three years, with its first work due to break later this year.
Chris Sorek, the chief executive of Drinkaware, said: "Our challenge is to present messages about alcohol misuse in a way that resonates with the target audience. A creative, evidence-based approach will be key."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director / Senior Account Director - Stunning Agency Fill Recruitment to £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital and Integrated Planner air recruitment Up to £60K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE LEAD - EVENTS & EXPERIENTIAL Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- DIGITAL DESIGNER Live Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, City of London