OgilvyOne wins Drinkaware integrated brief
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 February 2011 10:40AM
Drinkaware, the alcohol-awareness charity funded by the drinks industry, has hired OgilvyOne to handle its integrated advertising account.
The agency won the business after a pitch against VCCP and M&C Saatchi in a process handled by the intermediary Oystercatchers.
Drinkaware, which aims to change people's drinking habits by highlighting the dangers of alcohol misuse, called a pitch for its integrated account in December. It previously worked with agencies including Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Enable Interactive and 23red on a project basis.
OgilvyOne will now be responsible for creating a series of onand offline campaigns that move the charity from general awareness communications to a more direct behavioural change approach.
Each campaign will target a specific category of society, such as 18- to 24-year-olds, adults over 30 or parents of young children.
The work will aim to build awareness of unit equivalents and alcohol guidelines, as well as challenge the social acceptance and desirability of drunken behaviour.
OgilvyOne will initially work on the account for three years, with its first work due to break later this year.
Chris Sorek, the chief executive of Drinkaware, said: "Our challenge is to present messages about alcohol misuse in a way that resonates with the target audience. A creative, evidence-based approach will be key."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Dutch Speaking Marketing Manager Ninesharp £35000 per annum, West London
- Comms Account Manager - BEAUTY FMCG Ultimate Asset £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs