VW to make a Super Bowl splash with Darth Vader 'force' ad
New York - One of the ads being tipped to do extremely well this Super Bowl weekend is an ad for Volkswagen featuring a pint sized Darth Vader.
The spot for the new 2012 Passat has a child dressed as the Star Wars character trying to use the force to move various objects.
The ad has already been viewed on YouTube more than 4.5 million times easily smashing VW's previous record.
It isn't just VW other brands are turning heavily to social media for Super BowlXLV as the Green Bay Packers take on the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL final.
Audi, Budweiser, VW and Teleflora are among those advertisers hooking up their TV ads to their social media presence. And at least one advertiser, Audi, will feature a Twitter hashtag in its spot for the first time.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Planner- Charity brands Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Suffolk
- Account Director - RTB Accord Group Limited c. £40,000 per annum, Central London WC1A 1DG
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Super Benefits!, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account