VW to make a Super Bowl splash with Darth Vader 'force' ad
New York - One of the ads being tipped to do extremely well this Super Bowl weekend is an ad for Volkswagen featuring a pint sized Darth Vader.
The spot for the new 2012 Passat has a child dressed as the Star Wars character trying to use the force to move various objects.
The ad has already been viewed on YouTube more than 4.5 million times easily smashing VW's previous record.
It isn't just VW other brands are turning heavily to social media for Super BowlXLV as the Green Bay Packers take on the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL final.
Audi, Budweiser, VW and Teleflora are among those advertisers hooking up their TV ads to their social media presence. And at least one advertiser, Audi, will feature a Twitter hashtag in its spot for the first time.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater), South East
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand & Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads