VW to make a Super Bowl splash with Darth Vader 'force' ad
New York - One of the ads being tipped to do extremely well this Super Bowl weekend is an ad for Volkswagen featuring a pint sized Darth Vader.
The spot for the new 2012 Passat has a child dressed as the Star Wars character trying to use the force to move various objects.
The ad has already been viewed on YouTube more than 4.5 million times easily smashing VW's previous record.
It isn't just VW other brands are turning heavily to social media for Super BowlXLV as the Green Bay Packers take on the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL final.
Audi, Budweiser, VW and Teleflora are among those advertisers hooking up their TV ads to their social media presence. And at least one advertiser, Audi, will feature a Twitter hashtag in its spot for the first time.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager (Data/DM/Campaign) ADLIB £27k - £35k, Bristol
- Digital Display Manager - Automotive - £35K Ultimate Asset £32000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Account Manager up to £30,000 Kent Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Kent
- Campaign Manager Stopgap £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film