VW to make a Super Bowl splash with Darth Vader 'force' ad
New York - One of the ads being tipped to do extremely well this Super Bowl weekend is an ad for Volkswagen featuring a pint sized Darth Vader.
The spot for the new 2012 Passat has a child dressed as the Star Wars character trying to use the force to move various objects.
The ad has already been viewed on YouTube more than 4.5 million times easily smashing VW's previous record.
It isn't just VW other brands are turning heavily to social media for Super BowlXLV as the Green Bay Packers take on the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL final.
Audi, Budweiser, VW and Teleflora are among those advertisers hooking up their TV ads to their social media presence. And at least one advertiser, Audi, will feature a Twitter hashtag in its spot for the first time.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show