VW to make a Super Bowl splash with Darth Vader 'force' ad
New York - One of the ads being tipped to do extremely well this Super Bowl weekend is an ad for Volkswagen featuring a pint sized Darth Vader.
The spot for the new 2012 Passat has a child dressed as the Star Wars character trying to use the force to move various objects.
The ad has already been viewed on YouTube more than 4.5 million times easily smashing VW's previous record.
It isn't just VW other brands are turning heavily to social media for Super BowlXLV as the Green Bay Packers take on the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL final.
Audi, Budweiser, VW and Teleflora are among those advertisers hooking up their TV ads to their social media presence. And at least one advertiser, Audi, will feature a Twitter hashtag in its spot for the first time.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Multimedia Designer | PR Agency | London | £35-40K Red Sofa London £35000 - £40000 per annum + dependant on experience, City of London
- Copywriter Beyond The Book £20000-£25000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Integrated Designer/Artworker Purple Consultancy £28000 - £33000 per annum, London