Our House lyrics drive new Virgin Media ad
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 04 February 2011 12:25PM
The lyrics to the Madness song 'Our House' have been adopted, nearly 30 years after their original release, by DDB in its new spot for Virgin Media due to break tomorrow.
The ad presents a quick succession of views into a variety of people's homes, and opens with the line "Father wears his Sunday best", spoken by a male voiceover.
It continues with more lines from the 1982 hit, including "I remember how we'd play, simply waste the day away".
The narration is not set to the music of the Madness track but to the calmer opening of Dan Black track 'Symphonies'. As the ad progresses to more energetic scenes, such as kids playing motion-controlled computer games, the tempo of the music rises.
The spot is DDB's first brand-focused work for Virgin Media since it won the £71m account in May and forms part of a wider integrated campaign created by the agency.
The ad was produced by Academy and directed by Seb Edwards. Creative directors Jeremy Craigen and Guy Bradbury worked with copywriter Dave Henderson and art director Richard Denney on the campaign.
Media is planned and bought by Manning Gottlieb OMD and Goodstuff.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Design Director Major Players Ã‚£50000 - Ã‚£65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer x2 Major Players Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£50000 per annum, London
- Marketing and Insight Project Manager Salt Ã‚£300 - Ã‚£400 per day, Bristol
- Digital Project Manager Major Players Ã‚£45000 - Ã‚£50000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Freelance Artworkers Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £18 - £20 per hour, West Midlands