AOL splashes out $315m on Huffington Post
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 07 February 2011 07:45AM
AOL has agreed to acquire The Huffington Post, which has in the region of 25 million monthly users, for $315m (£195m).
In a statement, Tim Armstrong, chairman and chief executive of AOL, said: "The acquisition of The Huffington Post will create a next-generation American media company with global reach that combines content, community, and social experiences for consumers.
"Together, our companies will embrace the digital future and become a digital destination that delivers unmatched experiences for both consumers and advertisers."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Web Specialist Brand Recruitment £22000 - £30000 per annum, Letchworth Garden City
- Marketing Manager - FMCG Brand Recruitment excellent benefits, Cambridge
- Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Basildon
- Project Director Purple Consultancy £60000 - £70000 per annum, London