AOL splashes out $315m on Huffington Post
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 07 February 2011 07:45AM
AOL has agreed to acquire The Huffington Post, which has in the region of 25 million monthly users, for $315m (£195m).
In a statement, Tim Armstrong, chairman and chief executive of AOL, said: "The acquisition of The Huffington Post will create a next-generation American media company with global reach that combines content, community, and social experiences for consumers.
"Together, our companies will embrace the digital future and become a digital destination that delivers unmatched experiences for both consumers and advertisers."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Midlands