AOL splashes out $315m on Huffington Post
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 07 February 2011 07:45AM
AOL has agreed to acquire The Huffington Post, which has in the region of 25 million monthly users, for $315m (£195m).
In a statement, Tim Armstrong, chairman and chief executive of AOL, said: "The acquisition of The Huffington Post will create a next-generation American media company with global reach that combines content, community, and social experiences for consumers.
"Together, our companies will embrace the digital future and become a digital destination that delivers unmatched experiences for both consumers and advertisers."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Account Manager Gemini Search £28000 - £34000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Affiliate Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Excellent Bonus , London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Research Executive - Qual Major Players £25000 - £30000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Social Media Executive Stopgap £24000 - £26000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)