Staniforth to promote British Cycling's UCI Track Cycling World Cup Classics
By David Woods, prweek.com, Tuesday, 08 February 2011 07:40AM
British Cycling has appointed Staniforth to support the UCI Track Cycling World Cup Classics, taking place on 18-20 February in Manchester.
Jonny Clay, cycle sport and membership director at British Cycling, said: 'We don’t need to sell tickets to the event because we are already sold out for every session. We’ve hired Staniforth to help build additional buzz around the event and help us grow our TV audience with the BBC.'
Staniforth will be using the fact that tickets are in short supply to generate promotions and competitions in the run up to the international showdown, which is a major rung on the ladder towards Olympic qualification.
The British riders selected for the final round include eight Olympic champions, Sir Chris Hoy, Geraint Thomas, Victoria Pendleton, Bradley Wiggins, Rebecca Romero, Ed Clancy, Jason Kenny and Jason Queally. The best international cycling talent will also be lined up for the Manchester leg of the Track World Cup.
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum + bens, West London
- Project Manager Gemini Search £40000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Brand Director EMR £100000 - £120000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Developer / PM Digital Gurus £20000 - £27000 per annum, London