Lucozade launches football campaign
Lucozade has launched a digital campaign for the 2010 to 2011 Premier League football season to highlight its sponsorship of top flight football.
The Lucozade Fans Fives campaign has been created by Digital and Direct. Media buying has been handled by MediaCom.
The campaign will include Facebook activity, club-specific communications and Lucozade digital branding on perimeter boards across Premier League club stadiums.
The activity directs football fans to a dedicated page on the Lucozade site, www.lucozade.com/fansfives, where they can apply to be part of a five-a-side team to represent one of the 19 participating Premier League football clubs.
Shortlisted fans will be required to show their commitment to the sport over Facebook.
The three best team entries will create a Facebook page for themselves. The page with the most "likes" will go through to the tournament.
Alex Saunders, senior brand manager, Lucozade, said" "Lucozade Fans Fives is an exciting campaign that will allow us to leverage our elite football associations to engage fans in a meaningful way.
"The focus on the digital elements of the campaign reflects a shift in the way football fans interact with the clubs they support".
Lucozade Sport has individual sponsorship deals with Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, and is the official drinks supplier to the Barclays Premier League.
Last year, the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) cleared a late-night TV ad for a Lucozade energy drink, after claims it was "irresponsible" because it appeared to suggest it could help drivers avoid accidents.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency