Lucozade launches football campaign
Lucozade has launched a digital campaign for the 2010 to 2011 Premier League football season to highlight its sponsorship of top flight football.
The Lucozade Fans Fives campaign has been created by Digital and Direct. Media buying has been handled by MediaCom.
The campaign will include Facebook activity, club-specific communications and Lucozade digital branding on perimeter boards across Premier League club stadiums.
The activity directs football fans to a dedicated page on the Lucozade site, www.lucozade.com/fansfives, where they can apply to be part of a five-a-side team to represent one of the 19 participating Premier League football clubs.
Shortlisted fans will be required to show their commitment to the sport over Facebook.
The three best team entries will create a Facebook page for themselves. The page with the most "likes" will go through to the tournament.
Alex Saunders, senior brand manager, Lucozade, said" "Lucozade Fans Fives is an exciting campaign that will allow us to leverage our elite football associations to engage fans in a meaningful way.
"The focus on the digital elements of the campaign reflects a shift in the way football fans interact with the clubs they support".
Lucozade Sport has individual sponsorship deals with Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, and is the official drinks supplier to the Barclays Premier League.
Last year, the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) cleared a late-night TV ad for a Lucozade energy drink, after claims it was "irresponsible" because it appeared to suggest it could help drivers avoid accidents.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Business Director/GAD Contract or perm Barker Graves 80/85K, central london
- Marketing Partnerships Manager Stopgap £48000 per annum, London
- Senior/ Direct Marketing Executive Stopgap £21700 - £26000 per annum + Benefits, South East England
- Facebook creates first British TV campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: Nasa sun explosion film enters the chart
- Gogglebox's Stephen and Chris launch EE TV
- Tiffany continues story of gay couple in TV ad
- Cannes Lions launches 'cheaper than redundancy' campaign
- Archant hires former ITV sales director as first chief commercial officer