TBWA snares £25m Muller account
Muller Dairy has consolidated its £25m advertising account into TBWA\London after a winner-takes-all pitch involving its other roster agency VCCP.
TBWA\London's capture of the entire Muller business marks a turnaround in its fortunes on the account.
The agency has worked with Muller since 2004 after winning the UK account from Publics. However, its hold on the business had weakened when VCCP won a 2009 pitch to handle the £8m Muller Corners business.
A month later Muller Rice also handed VCCP its £4mn advertising account, leaving TBWA with business for products including Muller Vitality and Muller Desserts.
However, last year there were changes in the Muller marketing department, including the arrival of Lee Rolston, the former global brand director at Cadbury, who was appointed as its marketing director.
Muller claimed that the consolidation will help it to build a stronger brand across all products. TBWA\London’s remit will also expand to include digital, shopper and experiential marketing for the brand.
During its time on the Muller account, VCCP created high profile work for Müller Corners including last year's "thank-you cows" campaign. It was later claimed that the activity, that supported a revamp of the Corners range, helped to boost sales by 17.5%.
Recent work from TBWA for Müller includes a print campaign, "spill splash", to support the Müller Light range of yoghurts. The campaign included a promotion to win a £1,000 shopping spree courtesy of Muller.
Rolston said: "TBWA presented a transformational business idea, which will unite and strengthen Müller's position as market leader. The energy they put behind Muller to take us to the next level was phenomenal."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- ECRM Specialist - Social Gaming Brand - £25-30K - London Propel £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Account Director Gabriele Skelton £50000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager Pitch Consultants £27000 - £35000 per annum, Leamington Spa
- Media Planner Adam Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits Package, Liverpool