Peter Buchanan takes role to raise radio creativity
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 February 2011 11:25AM
Peter Buchanan, the former COI deputy chief executive, is to spearhead a commercial radio industry initiative that is aimed at improving creative standards in the medium.
Buchanan, who left COI in December after 16 years, has been employed by the Radio Advertising Bureau and its parent body, RadioCentre, as a consultant
His task will be to meet with executive creative directors at agencies and with leading advertisers before presenting his findings and suggesting ways of solving what is perceived in some quarters as poor standards in UK radio creative.
He expects to start meetings in March and April with discussions focusing on areas such as training and awards, as well as how creative department structures and practices help or hinder radio.
Buchanan will work on a part-time basis with the RAB's leadership team of the executive chairman, Linda Smith, and the managing director Simon Redican, in addition to Andrew Harrison, the chief executive of RadioCentre.
He said: "The UK is so well regarded for creativity in many areas of advertising but somehow radio doesn't come up to the same level. The task is to engage with top agencies and advertisers and ask what we can do to help."
The RAB's annual Radio Advertising Awards took place last October as part of a strategy to encourage creativity in radio advertising.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior PPC Account Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazig Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Sports Audio Division Ultimate Asset £60000 - £90000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Southwark, London (Greater)
- Concessions & Partnerships Marketing Manager Stopgap £35000 per annum + pro rata - 6 month contract, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Customer Marketing Manager Stopgap £50000 per annum + Immediate Start, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday