Peter Buchanan takes role to raise radio creativity
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 February 2011 11:25AM
Peter Buchanan, the former COI deputy chief executive, is to spearhead a commercial radio industry initiative that is aimed at improving creative standards in the medium.
Buchanan, who left COI in December after 16 years, has been employed by the Radio Advertising Bureau and its parent body, RadioCentre, as a consultant
His task will be to meet with executive creative directors at agencies and with leading advertisers before presenting his findings and suggesting ways of solving what is perceived in some quarters as poor standards in UK radio creative.
He expects to start meetings in March and April with discussions focusing on areas such as training and awards, as well as how creative department structures and practices help or hinder radio.
Buchanan will work on a part-time basis with the RAB's leadership team of the executive chairman, Linda Smith, and the managing director Simon Redican, in addition to Andrew Harrison, the chief executive of RadioCentre.
He said: "The UK is so well regarded for creativity in many areas of advertising but somehow radio doesn't come up to the same level. The task is to engage with top agencies and advertisers and ask what we can do to help."
The RAB's annual Radio Advertising Awards took place last October as part of a strategy to encourage creativity in radio advertising.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- New Product Development Assistant Ball & Hoolahan £competitive salary and Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Strategic Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000-£60,000 + Benefits , Southampton, Hampshire
- Art Director - Integrated Marketing Agency - West London - £40k - NP198 Stonor £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager, FMCG, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £48000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Richmond upon Thames
- Online Analytics Manager, Telecoms, Slough Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £65000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Slough