Gocompare goes sci-fi for latest ad
Astronauts and dancing aliens feature in the new Gocompare.com ad that launches on Saturday (19 February).
Paying tribute to sci-fi B movies such as 'Forbidden Planet' and 'Destination Moon', and created in-house once again by Sian and Chris Wilkins, the ad features three astronauts who have crash-landed on an unknown planet.
As they consider their insurance policy, Gio Compario flies in singing the ad's theme tune. He is soon joined by singing and dancing aliens who rise out of the ground.
Gio Compario is played by Welsh opera star Wynne Evans, who releasing his first solo album, 'A Song in My Heart', in March.
He has been credited with driving a 60% increase in quote volumes and boosting brand awareness by more than 450% since he was first introduced in August 2009, according to the company.
Nick Hall, Gocompare.com's head of marketing, said: "Gio really is out of this world in the latest of our series of film-related ads. After keeping him quiet since Christmas, he's back in full voice to show that when it comes to giving advice about car insurance, he's light years ahead of the competition."
One Step Beyond, is the production company behind the ad, which, along with Graham Rose, was also responsible for the direction. Media buying is handled by Mediaedge:cia (MEC).
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planning Account Executive Major Players £25000 - £28000 per annum + Excellent Benefits , London
- Sales Coordinator (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £20000 - £21000 per annum + bonus, London
- Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £50000.00 per annum, City of London