MDC Partners acquires majority stake in Anomaly
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 February 2011 04:25PM
MDC Partners, the marketing services group that owns Crispin Porter + Bogusky and Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners, has acquired a 60 per cent stake in Anomaly.
Anomaly, which was launched in 2004 by the former Simons Palmer co-founder Carl Johnson and now has offices in New York and London, will use the backing to pursue an expansion strategy of launching offices in Brazil, China and mainland Europe.
MDC’s acquisition of the majority stake in Anomaly follows a similar deal with Los Angeles-based 72 and Sunny in December.
Anomaly has clients including Converse, Sony, Pepsi and Diageo and launched its London office in January 2009 with Paul Graham, previously the managing partner at Saint, the Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R agency, as its founding partner.
Carl Johnson said: "Given the degree of independence we have all become used to it was essential that we are fuelled not controlled. MDC not only understands this but embraces it."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Dealer consultant / regional marketing manager - automotive David Thatcher Recruitment c£35k + car, South Buckinghamshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show