Mel Danks moves to Telegraph Media Group
Telegraph Media Group has hired Melanie Danks, the sales director of The Independent and The Evening Standard, in the new role of client director.
There is no confirmed start date for Danks, who will be responsible for developing client relationships and building sales across TMG's print and digital.
She will report to executive director Dave King. He said: "With her wealth of experience in sales and customer management, she will continue to drive our team forward, offering the best solutions for our clients."
The surprise move comes only five months after Danks was promoted to ad director across Alexander Lebedev's portfolio of newspaper titles.
She joined The Independent as deputy commercial director in November 2009, after 17 years with Express Newspapers.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Account Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £30,000, Greater Manchester
- Communications Assistant AF Selection £16,000 - £20,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham