Mel Danks moves to Telegraph Media Group
By Daniel Farey-Jones, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 14 February 2011 12:30PM
Telegraph Media Group has hired Melanie Danks, the sales director of The Independent and The Evening Standard, in the new role of client director.
There is no confirmed start date for Danks, who will be responsible for developing client relationships and building sales across TMG's print and digital.
She will report to executive director Dave King. He said: "With her wealth of experience in sales and customer management, she will continue to drive our team forward, offering the best solutions for our clients."
The surprise move comes only five months after Danks was promoted to ad director across Alexander Lebedev's portfolio of newspaper titles.
She joined The Independent as deputy commercial director in November 2009, after 17 years with Express Newspapers.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Nielsen Data & Sales Analyst Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£28K + Bonus + Excellent Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Designer- super cool agency Dahling Ltd £45-55k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Senior Brand Managers - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£65K-£70K + Generous Car Allowance + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Packaging Designer Premier Media £120 - £200 per day, City of London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Dave Trott at Ad Week Europe: Ads have become overcomplicated