Mel Danks moves to Telegraph Media Group
By Daniel Farey-Jones, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 14 February 2011 12:30PM
Telegraph Media Group has hired Melanie Danks, the sales director of The Independent and The Evening Standard, in the new role of client director.
There is no confirmed start date for Danks, who will be responsible for developing client relationships and building sales across TMG's print and digital.
She will report to executive director Dave King. He said: "With her wealth of experience in sales and customer management, she will continue to drive our team forward, offering the best solutions for our clients."
The surprise move comes only five months after Danks was promoted to ad director across Alexander Lebedev's portfolio of newspaper titles.
She joined The Independent as deputy commercial director in November 2009, after 17 years with Express Newspapers.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Designer Red Sofa London £25000 - £30000 per annum + 20% bonus, London
- Comms Manager - Leading Alcohol Brand at Top Media Agency Ultimate Asset £35000 per annum + great benefits package, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?