Pepsi returns to Sainsbury's shelves
Pepsi is back on Sainsbury's shelves again, following a stand-off between the supermarket and Britvic over pricing.
According to the Financial Times, Britvic, the UK distributor of the Pepsi portfolio, stopped supplies after Sainsbury’s refused to pay a significant cost increase.
The spat led to shortages of the Pepsi brands in Sainsbury’s stores over the past two weeks.
The supermarket is reported to have ‘"caved in" to Britvic's price increase in order to restock the brand on its shelves.
Britvic told Marketing that "the issue has now been resolved". Sainsbury’s, however, declined to comment.
Earlier this month, Sainsbury’s launched an ad for 2011 to show the positive impact that collecting Sainsbury's Active Kids vouchers has on youngsters in customers' local areas.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads