Pepsi returns to Sainsbury's shelves
Pepsi is back on Sainsbury's shelves again, following a stand-off between the supermarket and Britvic over pricing.
According to the Financial Times, Britvic, the UK distributor of the Pepsi portfolio, stopped supplies after Sainsbury’s refused to pay a significant cost increase.
The spat led to shortages of the Pepsi brands in Sainsbury’s stores over the past two weeks.
The supermarket is reported to have ‘"caved in" to Britvic's price increase in order to restock the brand on its shelves.
Britvic told Marketing that "the issue has now been resolved". Sainsbury’s, however, declined to comment.
Earlier this month, Sainsbury’s launched an ad for 2011 to show the positive impact that collecting Sainsbury's Active Kids vouchers has on youngsters in customers' local areas.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London