VCCP scoops Dairy Crest kids' launch
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 February 2011 12:00AM
VCCP has been appointed by Dairy Crest to launch Chedds, a new cheese product aimed at children.
The appointment comes after a pitch process, which kicked off in November and involved a number of undisclosed agencies.
Grey London is the incumbent on the £14 million Dairy Crest advertising business, overseeing work for brands including Country Life, Cathedral City and Frijj.
The agency's relationship with Dairy Crest on these brands is unaffected by VCCP's appointment.
Dairy Crest revealed that it was planning to introduce a new children's product into the market last year, but details were not made public until this week.
Chedds will be rolled out under the Cathedral City cheddar brand, as Dairy Crest looks to step up its rivalry with Kraft's Dairylea.
Universal McCann London is expected to handle the media planning and buying for the launch.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Project Manager Emma & Rachael & You £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Press Officer Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Strategy & Consumer Insight Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film