TUI Travel signs deal with Intrepid Travel
TUI Travel, the International leisure group, has signed a deal with the Australian travel operator Intrepid Travel to combine their "adventure brands" and create a new global business.
The combined businesses will run under the umbrella company named Peak. TUI Travel and Intrepid Travel will keep their own branding while Peak will offer a platform for a multi-brand strategy.
The deal, scheduled to be completed by May, is expected to "drive cost synergies" of at least £10m a year for the next three years.
Peter Long, chief executive of TUI Travel Plc, said: "Specialist travel is an important part of our business and one of our key drivers of growth, due to strong margins and development opportunities.
"This deal with Intrepid Travel will significantly enhance our position in the fast-growing adventure travel sector.
"We believe this venture has great potential for value creation through the increased scale, synergies and growth of the combined businesses."
TUI Travel's adventure businesses, part of the specialist and activity sector, are based in the UK, Australia, North American and Netherlands and include Trek America, Exodus and Country Walkers.
Intrepid Travel is based in Melbourne, handling more than 100,000 customers a year.
In December, TUI said it was revising its marketing strategy for its Thomson travel brand, as it looked to maximise sales in the crucial January holiday booking period.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Strategic & Insights - Retail Design to £70k Network Career Consultants £65000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Account Manager - Retail / FMCG Royds Raphael c£40k+generous bonus & benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief