Mini ad campaign taps into the subconscious
Mini is launching a press and online campaign that targets people's subconscious and prompts potential buyers to reveal when they will be in the market to buy a new car.
The campaign, created by Lida, will run across online, mobile and magazine inserts from today (21 February).
The ads target prospective buyers and are based on the phenomenon that a person's subconscious often influences what they will see. The ads feature an outline of a Mini appearing in the most unlikely places, such as in jam on a piece of toast, or in the wrinkles on a bulldog's head.
The dedicated landing page features a Mini shape appearing in a constellation in the sky, while online ads produce the pattern on the side of a fish in a tank and uses the strapline "mini on your mind?".
People are encouraged to sign up and opt-in for sneak previews and exclusive competitions. It encourages prospective buyers to inform the brand when they're likely to be in the market for a new car.
Anna Kilmurray, Mini advertising and prospecting manager, said: "The Mini brand is packed with personality, and the new work plays on the public's affection for the cheeky car.
"Each execution acts as a trigger for an expression of interest from potential customers. The playful tone of the new Lida campaign is uniquely Mini."
Nicky Bullard, Lida joint creative director, said: "The new Mini campaign is fun, unexpected and pretty brave – this is a prospecting campaign that doesn’t actually show the product. That is, unless you look closely."
John Fazio from Lida is the ads' copywriter and the art director is Chris Whitehead.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £35000 - £40000 per annum, West London
- Senior Digital Planner - Top Independent Media Agency Aspire £28000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Strategy Director - Automotive Dynamic New Alliances £85000.00 - £95000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager - retail marketing Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Strategist - Automotive Dynamic New Alliances £27000 - £33000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links