Playboy readies launch of TV streaming service
By Ed Owen, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 21 February 2011 11:35AM
Playboy TV is launching a dedicated video-on-demand service in April for internet-connected TVs, and is plotting the brand's return to the London nightclub scene.
Playboy has previously offered an internet-only video-on-demand (VoD) service.
The new service will ride on top of a web-TV service developed by Capablue for internet-connected TVs.
Dave Cooke, head of digital and new media of Playboy TV International, said: "We are keen to make our wide range of adult entertainment content available to viewers when and where they want to watch it.
"Through Connected, viewers will now be able to access Playboy TV online via their connected TVs.
"Capablue's Connected has simply integrated with our existing VoD platform. It enables us to provide a bespoke service without having to build our own system, which can be a long and expensive process."
Playboy will be able to monetise the service through pay-per-view and subscription.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- User Research and Insights Manager Salt £40000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- The role of private equity in adland
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Aga targets city homes with cooker campaign
- Omnicom dispute to drive down Channel 5 prices in H2