Playboy readies launch of TV streaming service
By Ed Owen, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 21 February 2011 11:35AM
Playboy TV is launching a dedicated video-on-demand service in April for internet-connected TVs, and is plotting the brand's return to the London nightclub scene.
Playboy has previously offered an internet-only video-on-demand (VoD) service.
The new service will ride on top of a web-TV service developed by Capablue for internet-connected TVs.
Dave Cooke, head of digital and new media of Playboy TV International, said: "We are keen to make our wide range of adult entertainment content available to viewers when and where they want to watch it.
"Through Connected, viewers will now be able to access Playboy TV online via their connected TVs.
"Capablue's Connected has simply integrated with our existing VoD platform. It enables us to provide a bespoke service without having to build our own system, which can be a long and expensive process."
Playboy will be able to monetise the service through pay-per-view and subscription.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior PHP Developer @ British Fashion Label Digital Gurus £50000 - £70000 Per Annum £50k to £70k + Benefits + Bonus, London
- Senior Digital Account Manager Aspire £35000 - £42000 per annum, Richmond upon Thames
- Client Account Manager EMR £65000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Studio Manager Blue Tree Recruits £28-32k Dependent upon experience, Hungerford, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Jarlett de Grouchy Competitive + bonus + relocation , Isle of Wight