BA kicks off search for new global marketer
British Airways has confirmed it is to start searching for a new head of global marketing to replace Kerris Bright, following last week's news that she will be departing the company.
BA said it would begin the hunt 'in due course'.
Bright will stay in her role at BA until the spring, when she leaves the airline to become chief marketing officer of Ideal Standard, the bathroom fixtures company.
Bright will oversee the building of the Ideal Standard international brand as it expands across Europe and the Middle East. She will also be on the executive leadership team.
She was recruited by BA in February last year, after a year-long search, with a brief to develop a new marketing strategy and brand positioning for the airline.
A spokesperson for British Airways said it had been developing some "new and exciting work" with its agencies, which Bright had been part of.
Bright's exit is one of a number departures from BA's senior marketing team over the past five years – our analysis this week investigated whether its marketer "churn" is a symptom of a deeper malaise.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £18000.00 - £22000.00 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Blue Tree Recruits £30,000 - £35,000, Guildford, Surrey
- Account Director Blue Tree Recruits £40,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Junior Artworker Blue Tree Recruits £18,000 plus benefits , Theale, Reading
- Brand and Advertising Manager - Global Technology Innovator Ninesharp £52000 - £58000 per annum + Bonus, Benefits, Berkshire
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts