Balloon Dog promotes Clifton as chairman departs industry
Balloon Dog managing director James Clifton has been promoted to chief executive as chairman Chris Murphy steps down.
Clifton, who has been at the agency since 2008, will be responsible for overseeing the entire agency following the departure of Murphy, and will not be replaced as managing director.
Clifton will be supported by strategic managing partner Greig McCallum and creative managing partner Cordell Burke.
Murphy will leave the industry and his position as chairman at the agency in April. He will focus on charity work for the Pret Foundation Trust and Norcas, a charity that helps people with alcohol, drug and gambling addictions.
Clifton said: "Chris has been a great chairman, mentor and friend. Our loss is the charity sector's gain as Chris looks to give something back to the community that I know has served him well. The principles and values that Chris instilled will continue to be the backbone of Balloon Dog."
Murphy said: "Knowing when and how to exit a business you have built is an important factor to its continued success.
"Leaving is the culmination of a plan started three years ago when James joined us and has only been made possible because I'm in no doubt that we have the right team in place to lead it."
Balloon Dog's clients include Adnams, Pret A Manger, RAC, Barclays and Aviva. It was set up in 1997 as Fox Murphy and relaunched in 2008 as Balloon Dog.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham