Balloon Dog promotes Clifton as chairman departs industry
Balloon Dog managing director James Clifton has been promoted to chief executive as chairman Chris Murphy steps down.
Clifton, who has been at the agency since 2008, will be responsible for overseeing the entire agency following the departure of Murphy, and will not be replaced as managing director.
Clifton will be supported by strategic managing partner Greig McCallum and creative managing partner Cordell Burke.
Murphy will leave the industry and his position as chairman at the agency in April. He will focus on charity work for the Pret Foundation Trust and Norcas, a charity that helps people with alcohol, drug and gambling addictions.
Clifton said: "Chris has been a great chairman, mentor and friend. Our loss is the charity sector's gain as Chris looks to give something back to the community that I know has served him well. The principles and values that Chris instilled will continue to be the backbone of Balloon Dog."
Murphy said: "Knowing when and how to exit a business you have built is an important factor to its continued success.
"Leaving is the culmination of a plan started three years ago when James joined us and has only been made possible because I'm in no doubt that we have the right team in place to lead it."
Balloon Dog's clients include Adnams, Pret A Manger, RAC, Barclays and Aviva. It was set up in 1997 as Fox Murphy and relaunched in 2008 as Balloon Dog.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Business Development/Account Manager - £30k Base (£60-70k OTE) - Online Education - London Digital Gurus £30000 Per Annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Director Major Players £48000 - £52000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Associate Director PSD Group Up to £60k base + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Sales & Marketing Director UK/Europe, Youth Travel Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, London (South), London (Greater)
- BBC to end exclusive Red Bee Media production deal
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Happy birthday Mr Ad Server: the future of RTB