Balloon Dog promotes Clifton as chairman departs industry
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 22 February 2011 10:05AM
Balloon Dog managing director James Clifton has been promoted to chief executive as chairman Chris Murphy steps down.
Clifton, who has been at the agency since 2008, will be responsible for overseeing the entire agency following the departure of Murphy, and will not be replaced as managing director.
Clifton will be supported by strategic managing partner Greig McCallum and creative managing partner Cordell Burke.
Murphy will leave the industry and his position as chairman at the agency in April. He will focus on charity work for the Pret Foundation Trust and Norcas, a charity that helps people with alcohol, drug and gambling addictions.
Clifton said: "Chris has been a great chairman, mentor and friend. Our loss is the charity sector's gain as Chris looks to give something back to the community that I know has served him well. The principles and values that Chris instilled will continue to be the backbone of Balloon Dog."
Murphy said: "Knowing when and how to exit a business you have built is an important factor to its continued success.
"Leaving is the culmination of a plan started three years ago when James joined us and has only been made possible because I'm in no doubt that we have the right team in place to lead it."
Balloon Dog's clients include Adnams, Pret A Manger, RAC, Barclays and Aviva. It was set up in 1997 as Fox Murphy and relaunched in 2008 as Balloon Dog.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- New Product Development Assistant Ball & Hoolahan £competitive salary and Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Strategic Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000-£60,000 + Benefits , Southampton, Hampshire
- Art Director - Integrated Marketing Agency - West London - £40k - NP198 Stonor £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager, FMCG, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £48000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Richmond upon Thames
- Online Analytics Manager, Telecoms, Slough Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £65000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Slough