Lego and Odeon make top five in BR app chart
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Tuesday, 22 February 2011 04:21PM
Facebook has reclaimed the summit of the BR app chart, while Lego and Odeon are new entries in the top five.
Lego's Minifigures Collector game, released this month, is the highest new entry at number two.
Also new this month is an app for cinema chain Odeon, which allows users to check film listings and times, find cinemas and make bookings within the app.
Rival chain Cineworld, which released its app last August, has also proved popular this week, with a placing at number 12.
Downloads of the app have been steady since launch, but were recently boosted by its inclusion in Apple's round-up of apps for movie lovers on its featured app section, according to Warren Kerrigan, chief technology officer at the app's developer Can Factory.
With the Cricket World Cup underway this week, the official ICC app bowls into 13th place.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Manager and Senior Account Manager air recruitment £32k - £38k dependent on your experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SENIOR DESIGNER - AWARD WINNING AGENCY! Live Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum, West Midlands
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review