Lynx recruits Kelly Brook for Excite digital campaign
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 23 February 2011 12:41PM
Unilever deodorant Lynx is to launch digital activity by TMW featuring model Kelly Brook, as part of its "Even angels will fall" campaign for its Excite variant.
Brook will star in a new digital game, ‘Fallen Angel’, which will challenge brand devotees to see if they have what it takes to tempt her Arch Angel character down from heaven.
By competing in various tasks, consumers can unlock levels of the game and receive personal messages from the actress and model.
Brook said: "It’s great to be working with Lynx again, especially on such an exciting campaign – I can’t wait to see who can tempt me from heaven."
The Lynx Excite range includes a body spray, APA deodorant, shower gel and eau de toilette, and is currently being backed by an £8.3m advertising and marketing campaign.
It "builds on the heritage" of the two best sellers in the Lynx range, Africa and Dark Temptation, according to Unilever.
Selina Sykes, Lynx brand manager, said: "The development of the Lynx Excite fragrance has stemmed from our two top-selling fragrances. Lynx is always looking for new opportunities to engage with its audience in an innovative and creative way and, as the digital age is upon us, we have created a multi-platform approach to engage with our key consumers."
Brook previously appeared in the "bom chicka wah wah" campaign for Lynx deodorant.
She has also represented brands including Pepsi Max, Sony and government information service DirectGov.
Lynx debuted its advertising for the Excite variant earlier this month through a TV drive, which included people in a sleepy European town going about their daily routine, until they are interrupted by angels plummeting from the sky to a choral version of Air's 'Sexy Boy'.
The attraction of the Excite spray is so much that the angels grab their halos and fling them to the ground.
The initial campaign featured a 30- and 60-second TV ad, supported by social media activity on Facebook.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- User Research and Insights Manager Salt £40000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- The role of private equity in adland
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Aga targets city homes with cooker campaign
- Omnicom dispute to drive down Channel 5 prices in H2