Volvo hires Richard Monturo as global marketing head
Volvo has hired ad agency executive Richard Monturo as its first head of global marketing, since being acquired by Chinese automotive manufacturer Geely.
Monturo, who joins from his position as executive director at Miami-based agency La Comunidad, will take on the role of vice-president for global marketing at Volvo Car Corporation. He will be based at the Swedish marque’s Gothenburg headquarters.
He has spent the past two months with Volvo in a consultancy role, as the manufacturer develops a new global brand strategy. He has previously worked on brands such as Absolut, Nissan, Mercedes-Benz, Michelin, McDonald's and Volkswagen.
Stefan Jacoby, Volvo chief executive, said: "Richard has the expertise and the necessary experience to sharpen the Volvo brand and secure a consistent execution globally, while understanding local market needs."
Meanwhile, Volvo has also appointed Peter Mertens to the role of senior vice-president, research and development. Both Monturo and Mertens take up their roles on 1 April.
Volvo has been owned by Geely since its acquisition from Ford Motors in a $1.8bn deal 12 months ago. At the time, Geely chairman Li Shufu promised Volvo would retain its core values of "safety, quality, environmental care and modern Scandinavian design".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Digital Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Digital Designer Mobile - ASAP Nakama £250 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood