Volvo hires Richard Monturo as global marketing head
Volvo has hired ad agency executive Richard Monturo as its first head of global marketing, since being acquired by Chinese automotive manufacturer Geely.
Monturo, who joins from his position as executive director at Miami-based agency La Comunidad, will take on the role of vice-president for global marketing at Volvo Car Corporation. He will be based at the Swedish marque’s Gothenburg headquarters.
He has spent the past two months with Volvo in a consultancy role, as the manufacturer develops a new global brand strategy. He has previously worked on brands such as Absolut, Nissan, Mercedes-Benz, Michelin, McDonald's and Volkswagen.
Stefan Jacoby, Volvo chief executive, said: "Richard has the expertise and the necessary experience to sharpen the Volvo brand and secure a consistent execution globally, while understanding local market needs."
Meanwhile, Volvo has also appointed Peter Mertens to the role of senior vice-president, research and development. Both Monturo and Mertens take up their roles on 1 April.
Volvo has been owned by Geely since its acquisition from Ford Motors in a $1.8bn deal 12 months ago. At the time, Geely chairman Li Shufu promised Volvo would retain its core values of "safety, quality, environmental care and modern Scandinavian design".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Support Dot-Gap £17k, London Central
- Account Manager AF Selection £25000 - £28000 per annum, Manchester
- Head of Resource The Industry Club London Ltd 55 - 60K, LONDON, SE1
- Global Digital Manager - Dubai Dot-Gap £47k, London Central
- Global Strategic Planning + Insight Exec Dot-Gap £31k, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile