Volvo hires Richard Monturo as global marketing head
Volvo has hired ad agency executive Richard Monturo as its first head of global marketing, since being acquired by Chinese automotive manufacturer Geely.
Monturo, who joins from his position as executive director at Miami-based agency La Comunidad, will take on the role of vice-president for global marketing at Volvo Car Corporation. He will be based at the Swedish marque’s Gothenburg headquarters.
He has spent the past two months with Volvo in a consultancy role, as the manufacturer develops a new global brand strategy. He has previously worked on brands such as Absolut, Nissan, Mercedes-Benz, Michelin, McDonald's and Volkswagen.
Stefan Jacoby, Volvo chief executive, said: "Richard has the expertise and the necessary experience to sharpen the Volvo brand and secure a consistent execution globally, while understanding local market needs."
Meanwhile, Volvo has also appointed Peter Mertens to the role of senior vice-president, research and development. Both Monturo and Mertens take up their roles on 1 April.
Volvo has been owned by Geely since its acquisition from Ford Motors in a $1.8bn deal 12 months ago. At the time, Geely chairman Li Shufu promised Volvo would retain its core values of "safety, quality, environmental care and modern Scandinavian design".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of Resource Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Corporate Responsibility Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £55000 - £75000 per annum, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch