Volvo hires Richard Monturo as global marketing head
Volvo has hired ad agency executive Richard Monturo as its first head of global marketing, since being acquired by Chinese automotive manufacturer Geely.
Monturo, who joins from his position as executive director at Miami-based agency La Comunidad, will take on the role of vice-president for global marketing at Volvo Car Corporation. He will be based at the Swedish marque’s Gothenburg headquarters.
He has spent the past two months with Volvo in a consultancy role, as the manufacturer develops a new global brand strategy. He has previously worked on brands such as Absolut, Nissan, Mercedes-Benz, Michelin, McDonald's and Volkswagen.
Stefan Jacoby, Volvo chief executive, said: "Richard has the expertise and the necessary experience to sharpen the Volvo brand and secure a consistent execution globally, while understanding local market needs."
Meanwhile, Volvo has also appointed Peter Mertens to the role of senior vice-president, research and development. Both Monturo and Mertens take up their roles on 1 April.
Volvo has been owned by Geely since its acquisition from Ford Motors in a $1.8bn deal 12 months ago. At the time, Geely chairman Li Shufu promised Volvo would retain its core values of "safety, quality, environmental care and modern Scandinavian design".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Retail Brands Stopgap £110000 per annum + pro rata - 2/3 month contract, London
- Mid-Weight Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Hertfordshire
- Account Executive Dynamic New Alliances £18000.00 - £23000.00 per annum, City of London
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad