Mini readies concept car film for social media audience
Mini is launching a global online campaign to promote its "vision for the future" concept car, the Rocketman, which will be unveiled on Tuesday (1 March).
The two-minute film, created by Amsterdam-based agency BSUR, will screen on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook, in a bid to build buzz around the car's unveiling at the Geneva Motor Show next month.
The film, produced by Amsterdam-based PostPanic, combines live action with 2D and 3D animation that explains Mini's inception in 1959, it's evolution to the present day and the firm's "vision for the future".
The three-seater concept car is 3.4 metres long and has a space-saving carbon-fibre cross frame.
The doors feature double-hinged joints and integrated sills, while the interior can be configured in three different ways due to its sliding seat system. The car will only go into production if there is a favourable response from Mini fans.
Jason Schragger, BSUR's executive creative director, said: "It's great to see an iconic brand like Mini change the way we see future mobility. Again. We wanted to show how the thinking today is inspired by the rebellious nature of the original Mini design. So we took this opportunity to show Mini evolution through the years and finally into the future."
The film has been directed by Mischa Rozema from PostPanic. The creative director is Jason Schragger, art direction is by Rolando Cordova and the copywriter is Karl Dunn.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £65 - £80K + benefits. , Central London
- Strategic Research Consultant Rare Selection £35 - £45K + 20% bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Strategist / Senior Brand Planner Rare Selection Up to £75K + benefits, including pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £48500 + non contributory pension + additional benefits, Surrey
- Senior Brand Strategist / Planning Director Rare Selection Up to £65000 + excellent benefits, including pension and bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts