Mini readies concept car film for social media audience
Mini is launching a global online campaign to promote its "vision for the future" concept car, the Rocketman, which will be unveiled on Tuesday (1 March).
The two-minute film, created by Amsterdam-based agency BSUR, will screen on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook, in a bid to build buzz around the car's unveiling at the Geneva Motor Show next month.
The film, produced by Amsterdam-based PostPanic, combines live action with 2D and 3D animation that explains Mini's inception in 1959, it's evolution to the present day and the firm's "vision for the future".
The three-seater concept car is 3.4 metres long and has a space-saving carbon-fibre cross frame.
The doors feature double-hinged joints and integrated sills, while the interior can be configured in three different ways due to its sliding seat system. The car will only go into production if there is a favourable response from Mini fans.
Jason Schragger, BSUR's executive creative director, said: "It's great to see an iconic brand like Mini change the way we see future mobility. Again. We wanted to show how the thinking today is inspired by the rebellious nature of the original Mini design. So we took this opportunity to show Mini evolution through the years and finally into the future."
The film has been directed by Mischa Rozema from PostPanic. The creative director is Jason Schragger, art direction is by Rolando Cordova and the copywriter is Karl Dunn.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Client Sales Executive - Untapped, unlimited potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, City of London
- Head of Digital MCG Associates Very Attractive Tax Free Package, Dubai - UAE
- Marketing Manager - Youth Brand Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Consumer & Shopper Insight Controller FMCG - URGENT NEED Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £60K-£65K + Car Allowance + Bonus, North of London/Herts
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool