Wrigley brings back 'Food Creatures'
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 March 2011 10:25AM
Wrigley has launched another multimillion-pound campaign to support its core Extra range and its new brand extensions, which stars its 'Food Creatures' characters.
The multimedia campaign, created by AMV BBDO, runs across TV, outdoor, digital display, digital outdoor and social media.
A sampling campaign will run throughout March to highlight the dental-care benefits of chewing sugarfree gum after eating and drinking.
The campaign to drive sales of its core range, is also designed to boost sales of Wrigley's NPD (new product development) – Extra Ice and Extra Ice White. Sales of Extra are worth £149m in the UK, according to Wrigley.
Media planning for the campaign is being handled by WPP's MedicaCom.
Duncan McCulloch, Wrigley sales director, said: "The 'Food Creatures' campaign in 2010 kick-started Extra's transition into being a brand that offers wider oral-care benefits.
"This message resonated well with consumers, so, during 2011, we will continue to encourage consumers to eat, drink and chew, placing importance on including sugarfree chewing gum as part of their daily oral-health routine."
The campaign also supports new product development from Wrigley’s in the form of new improved Extra Ice, and launches new-to-market Extra Ice White.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Advertising & Integrated Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Insight Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planner The Marketing Practice Dependent on experience, Oxfordshire / East Hendred, Oxfordshire
- Account Manager - Advertising & Integrated Spectrum 360 Recruitment £28k - £35k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...