Wrigley brings back 'Food Creatures'
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 March 2011 10:25AM
Wrigley has launched another multimillion-pound campaign to support its core Extra range and its new brand extensions, which stars its 'Food Creatures' characters.
The multimedia campaign, created by AMV BBDO, runs across TV, outdoor, digital display, digital outdoor and social media.
A sampling campaign will run throughout March to highlight the dental-care benefits of chewing sugarfree gum after eating and drinking.
The campaign to drive sales of its core range, is also designed to boost sales of Wrigley's NPD (new product development) – Extra Ice and Extra Ice White. Sales of Extra are worth £149m in the UK, according to Wrigley.
Media planning for the campaign is being handled by WPP's MedicaCom.
Duncan McCulloch, Wrigley sales director, said: "The 'Food Creatures' campaign in 2010 kick-started Extra's transition into being a brand that offers wider oral-care benefits.
"This message resonated well with consumers, so, during 2011, we will continue to encourage consumers to eat, drink and chew, placing importance on including sugarfree chewing gum as part of their daily oral-health routine."
The campaign also supports new product development from Wrigley’s in the form of new improved Extra Ice, and launches new-to-market Extra Ice White.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Programmatic Sales Manager - Content Ad-tech Platform Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum + commission and benefits , London
- Social Media Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned