Wrigley brings back 'Food Creatures'
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 March 2011 10:25AM
Wrigley has launched another multimillion-pound campaign to support its core Extra range and its new brand extensions, which stars its 'Food Creatures' characters.
The multimedia campaign, created by AMV BBDO, runs across TV, outdoor, digital display, digital outdoor and social media.
A sampling campaign will run throughout March to highlight the dental-care benefits of chewing sugarfree gum after eating and drinking.
The campaign to drive sales of its core range, is also designed to boost sales of Wrigley's NPD (new product development) – Extra Ice and Extra Ice White. Sales of Extra are worth £149m in the UK, according to Wrigley.
Media planning for the campaign is being handled by WPP's MedicaCom.
Duncan McCulloch, Wrigley sales director, said: "The 'Food Creatures' campaign in 2010 kick-started Extra's transition into being a brand that offers wider oral-care benefits.
"This message resonated well with consumers, so, during 2011, we will continue to encourage consumers to eat, drink and chew, placing importance on including sugarfree chewing gum as part of their daily oral-health routine."
The campaign also supports new product development from Wrigley’s in the form of new improved Extra Ice, and launches new-to-market Extra Ice White.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - £60K - Fashion - Buckinghams Salt £55000 - £65000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Italian Marketing Executive, Travel, Soho Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, London
- Private Bank - Digital Marketing, eCRM Campaign & Marketing Operations Manager - Associate - London J.P.Morgan JPMorgan Chase & Co. offer an exceptional benefits program and highly competitive compensation., Knightsbridge
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'