Dulux drops Euro RSCG from £60m global creative account
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 March 2011 11:30AM
Dulux has parted company with its ad agency Euro RSCG London as it considers ditching its global strategy in favour of a local market-by-market approach.
Euro RSCG had been the incumbent on the brand's £60m global advertising business since November 2009, after winning a pitch against DDB.
Last year it was responsible for the launch of a major integrated campaign called "Let's Colour", which sent Dulux products around the world to transform grey spaces with vibrant colour.
Dulux is now understood to be opting away from using a global ad agency to implement its ad activity, and will instead allow each market to devise and carry out its own campaigns.
The company is expected to hold pitches for its local business in the coming months, but nothing has yet been confirmed.
In February last year, Kerris Bright, Dulux's global chief marketing officer, left the company to become head of marketing at British Airways.
Bright, who has since left BA to join Ideal Standard, oversaw the review that resulted in Dulux appointing Euro RSCG.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO has also handled Dulux's ad business, in a relationship that lasted for 13 years.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Digital Designer | Luxury Travel | West London (W4) Red Sofa London £20000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Brand Manager - Top 20 Plc, London, £35k Gabriele Skelton £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Project Manager - Marketing National Trust circa £30,000 per annum, Heelis, Swindon
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad