Dulux drops Euro RSCG from £60m global creative account
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 March 2011 11:30AM
Dulux has parted company with its ad agency Euro RSCG London as it considers ditching its global strategy in favour of a local market-by-market approach.
Euro RSCG had been the incumbent on the brand's £60m global advertising business since November 2009, after winning a pitch against DDB.
Last year it was responsible for the launch of a major integrated campaign called "Let's Colour", which sent Dulux products around the world to transform grey spaces with vibrant colour.
Dulux is now understood to be opting away from using a global ad agency to implement its ad activity, and will instead allow each market to devise and carry out its own campaigns.
The company is expected to hold pitches for its local business in the coming months, but nothing has yet been confirmed.
In February last year, Kerris Bright, Dulux's global chief marketing officer, left the company to become head of marketing at British Airways.
Bright, who has since left BA to join Ideal Standard, oversaw the review that resulted in Dulux appointing Euro RSCG.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO has also handled Dulux's ad business, in a relationship that lasted for 13 years.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Existing Sales & Promo Planner - NowTV Major Players £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Art Director Major Players £35000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Editor Major Players £250 - £300 per day, London
- Marketing Manager PFJ £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Mondelez signs global partnership with Facebook
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Starcom MediaVest wins spice brand's multi-million euro account